AMD ATHLON vs P4 2.5 ghz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD ATHLON vs P4 2.5 ghz

im wondering if i should get a amd. cuz i never had one and it seems to me that all my friends are tellin me to get a athlon which i heard amd is the best for gaming. im usin a p4 right now. i hate it alot. and my friends tell me like amd runs like no other.

so should i go wit amd or stick wit p4 and get a better cpu?

have a look around the other forums on here, there are plenty about AMD vs. Intel comparasions. if this one gets started it will just be another debate on amd/intel which one is better etc.

if your wanting to buy a good gaming system and WANT to go AMD, wait a while and get the brand-spankin new Athlon64 cpu or get a 3200+, as their prices will drop when the 64's come out. thats if u want to hang on a bit longer.

you might be able to upgrade your cpu/video card etc to improve performance...whats your specs?

Comment

Your friends are AMD *****s and only want to see things blindfolded. Here's the big picture.

Basically, performance wise here is the order of processors, from fastest to slowest:

Athlon 64/FX > Intel Pentium 4 > Athlon XP

As you can see, the P4s are faster than the XP's (in every department including gaming). The 64/FX are brand new and only a few can afford them because they are $500 and $700. When Intel comes out with its new chips we will see who is better, but right now the best buy is still Intel, unless you have an unlimited source of cash. Look at my sig for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoric
        have a look around the other forums on here, there are plenty about AMD vs. Intel comparasions. if this one gets started it will just be another debate on amd/intel which one is better etc.
        After looking at the post above, I'm sure you can see why Thoric posted this particular comment.

Look around the forums and you will find several references to this very debate. It is pretty much a senseless debate in my opinion as it really boils down to personal preference. AMD and Intel both offer processors that are both powerful and overclocker friendly, so get the one that makes you happy. If that happens to be Intel, then so be it, but don't let other's opinions of one particular brand lead you away from what you want.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Working...
        X