Question about tv display for 9800 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about tv display for 9800 pro

Yo, when I first log onto windows this box pops up talking about the tv display and that I should disable it if not using a tv for a display for optimal performance. Also at the bottom theres a box with a check next to it saying it will pop up at start-up when TV display is enabled. Thats not the problem. The problem is when I got into my display properties in my video card settings it doesnt appear to be enabled. Like the button it says to click on to enable/disable I cant click on. It must be disabled because it says you cant change it unless it detects a tv. So if it's disabled why does that box come on saying it is enabled? It thinks it is. But since I cant change it because a tv isnt detected I dunno why its doing that. :shrug: Someone please tell me whats going on. thanks. : peace2:

Go to display in your ATI control panel and simply unclick the corner tab (If you can) ontop of the picture of the TV icon so its Red instead of green. Red=Disabled. A desktop image will appear on the TV ICON if its enabled. I beleive the shortcut to this is Alt+3 atleast thats what the help menu says.

Make sure you hit the apply button at the bottom of the window if you make any changes.

Comment

yeah thats where I'm at in the settings but in the TV box it has the pic of the cord with the X over it. The button in the left corner I cant click on its neither red or green.

Comment

it might also be though that I have catalyst drivers. If that is a pic of your settings menu it looks like you have omega....

Comment

yes I'm looking right at that tab, it wont let me click on it, it is neither red or green. And next to the tv it has that icon with the red x on it. But it still says its enabled. :mad:

Comment

nevermind, I clicked on force detection of tv, then the tab went green, then I clicked it to go red. Its disabled now. thanks for your help. :cheers:

Comment

Working...
            X