PDA

View Full Version : Hit another snag!

kane2g
10-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Having some issues here:
Yesterday one of my systems went down only minutes after me checking up on it. So the problem was not discovered untill I just checked today.
Its the Pally CPU that keeps giving me problems! UGH! :angryfire All the TbredBs are a dream to OC and stable at stock voltage, yet this Pally is a pain in the neck.
So in order to avoid future outages, the Pally will stay at stock speeds.

In addition to that the P2 450 went offline as of 3 days ago.:( Not really a big loss (2WU/day) but still...

Also there was an outage which caused another system not to reboot. So it was down for 12hrs or so. :rolleyes2

Im home a lot less than I used to, so keeping track of the systems is hard lately.
Hopefully the pally will be replaced by a tbredB sometime soon.

PS. I forgot to mention that I think I lost my 950 and 1.4 athlon chips while cleaning up! So it really sux to be me this week!!!!!!! :tears:

I also attach what my @home production looks like

kane2g
10-23-2003, 02:09 PM
Well I managed to find the 1.4 and 950 athlon chips. which is good. But it turns out that the 1.4 is toasted. :cry:
Since it was in the s2390 mobo which is also fried, Im assuming that the mobo fried the CPU. I can RMA the mobo just fine, but CPU is gone. :(
Also it looks like Cheez wants MY spot, so i need to figure out way to get more WUs. :shh:

elrado1
10-23-2003, 10:55 PM
I think you're right. Although, it may be more along the lines fo him wanting his spot back - again! :shoot3: :shoot2:

kane2g
10-24-2003, 04:25 AM
Its not his spot, its mine. Ive been there longer, hence its mine.
Yeah sure, he was #2 at some point, but so was Wiggo. And Im more than willing to give Wiggo his spot back :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

kane2g
10-29-2003, 02:59 PM
Ugh, Finally recovered from the mess.
For some reason, my system froze. when rebooted, i was able to do everything, but connect to the internet. Had to reinstall. There were some services that were unable to start :blah:
I got all the updates as well as the antivirus ones. Thats a lot of DLing for a dialup!!!!!!
I didnt bother deleting partition, as I had 15 or so WUs to be upload. So now I have to go and clean my Hdd. :rolleyes2
Ahh well, the price I pay to be better than CheeZ :shh:

kane2g
11-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Damn, today sucked!!! Big time!
I ordered a MSI board for my friend. MS-6367. He didnt want to spend much, so I picked this up for 25bux.
I gave him my 256MB pc2100 stick, and the 950athlon I had laying around.
His old system was 366or333 Celeron! It was also an HP system, so it wasnt the greatest thing.
One thing I forgot to check was the PSU.
It was POS one. 110W output!!!!!!!!
Fried my poor CPU!
Took it home to test with a real PSU and luckly only the CPU was dead. Mobo works great.
I had to canibalize one of my crunchers for a 1.3Duron.
We will install everything else tommorow and hope for the best.
Now I will be w.o a cruncher for a week untill my new Duron gets here. :cry:
Looks like its going to be getting very hot in the #2 spot as Cheez gets more and more WUs!!!:scream:

Wiggo
11-03-2003, 05:01 AM
Ya'll work it out but atm No.1 spot is safe. ;)

kane2g
11-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Well, I dont think anyone in your team can keep up with you, Wiggo. Unless............... :shh:

elrado1
11-05-2003, 11:50 AM
Well, I dont think anyone in your team can keep up with you, Wiggo. Unless............... :shh: We pool our resources and gang up on him. Is that what you are trying to say?

kane2g
11-11-2003, 03:28 AM
combine the above with my latest wardriving post AND Foreign LAN post AND the SetiasService. :idea:
But Im not saying anything else :angel:

PS. Im broke, so no more Duron cruncher :cry:
Looks like I will have to keep Cheez at bay with 1 less cruncher.

CheeZmonZter
11-12-2003, 04:26 AM
Well I am down one duron as well, but that thing was just about useless as a cruncher, but I should be getting another 2000+ in a few days, so I will be back up to the full compliment of machines here