Will AMD go 333Mhz FSB????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will AMD go 333Mhz FSB????

Do u think since the P4 is on a Quad Pumped 100Mhz FSB, AMD will change there FSB speeds to 333mhz since the new DDR chips and boards support the DDR2700 Modules...also I read somewhere that Intel will go to 800Mhz FSB (200mhzx4)...I think AMD should think about thier FSB speeds because it looks like the KT266A / KT333 is the Limit that AMD can go...I think AMD should go to 200mhz FSB x2 and that would be 400Mhz...than atleast they can drop the Multiplier down to like 10x + 200Mhz FSB x2(400Mhz FSB)...that would be a 2ghz AMD...then they can bump the durons to 133fsb x2...and Intel will be ****ting on themselves...I think AMD and VIA should really start workin hard together to bump up the FSB with the AMD processors...I dont know its just my opinion...please feel free to give yours too...peace...lataz

FiReBLaZR

It's only been rumoured at this point for "Thoroughbred" but it has been confirmed that the Duron will take the step to a 133MHz FSB so it would be natural for the Athlon to take the next step upwards to keep the performance difference. But we'll find out fairly soon. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I feel that AMD will jump to a 166MHz FSB (333MHz memory), but the fact remains that the Athlon can't make use of the extra memory bandwidth to the same degree that the Pentium 4 can.

*waits for the replies from AMD freaks* :D
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus
        I feel that AMD will jump to a 166MHz FSB (333MHz memory), but the fact remains that the Athlon can't make use of the extra memory bandwidth to the same degree that the Pentium 4 can.

*waits for the replies from AMD freaks* :D
        I think AMD/VIA should work on a 200Mhz FSB for the Mobo's and CPU's...than we will see some fun benchmarks...if AMD can keep up with a Quad Pumped 100Mhz FSB with a 133x2 FSB system...than i think AMD/VIA can really come up with a 200mhz FSB...it should be possible...then 200x2 DDR (400Mhz) should be out.....ex

AMD 2000Ghz (10x200Mhz FSB) (x2 400Mhz FSB)
        Asus KT400 w/ USB2, Serial ATA, Onboard 1000/100/10 Nic, 5:1 Onboard Sound, etc.....
        256Mbs DDR-3300 (400Mhz)
        GeForce 4 TI Ultra

Just think of that...."drool"...ahhh...i love technology...peace peoples...lataz

FiReBLaZR

Comment

I stumbled up on this somewhere online...I wont say where but check it out...its totally legit....I guess AMD/VIA is going the 400FSB speed then...Holy Crap...Intel is going to crap all over there Tuli's...take care guys...and keep on drooling...lataz

Comment

Several things are being rumoured atm with "Thoroughbred" or even "Barton" (even though the later has been quiet info wise) but as yet nothing has been confirmed though "Thoroughbred" is not far away. :smokin:

Comment

they will eventually, unless they got quad? or eigta? lolz

Comment

AMD doesn't need to pump up Throughbred. Its a wise business choice not to throw out your best early on. I'm sure the Athlon could get a multiplier downsize, and an upped FSB to 166DDR (Increments are also necessary, no 200DDR jump from 133DDR)

AMD has Intel wondering about the Hammer, and rightly so. But to waste time on current or even Thoroughbred Athlon figures just to stay ahead when the 533FSB comes out, not worth it. If they were to spend the time ramping up current Athlons, which at the most would last them to Q2 2003, it would take develpoment time and money away from the Hammer team. Remember AMD is only 15% or so market share, they don't have the resources Intel does - evident with BBUL and 10GHz future procs. AMD's next defining moment will be in August with Hammer. Thats what they are making their decisions on.

BTW I would love to see an XP 2500 equivalent on .13 and 200DDR, but i wouldn't buy it. I'm waiting for Hammer and Serial ATA, thats when i upgrade...

...kinda sad thou, i say im an overclocker, but i've never owned a KT266A.

Comment

oh BTW FiREBlaZeR, that pic is of an Epox water cooled, or Nitrogen cooled with an unlocked proc. I've seen it before.

WCPUID is not a program AMD and VIA use. They have their own CPU programs that are far more high tech than we as o/cers know about.

Comment

Hey JediAgent take another look at it and check the L2 cache spec out. ;)

Comment

damn..!!!, i didnt notice the 512..hmm, this oughta turn out very interesting

or is it a fake?

Comment

Originally posted by aznx
                        damn..!!!, i didnt notice the 512..hmm, this oughta turn out very interesting

or is it a fake?
                        Its fake...lol...i was just using my imagination and makin u all drool...but hey...who says it cant happen right...anywayz..take care..and thank for your opinions guys

Lataz

FiReBLaZR

Comment

Was a good effort though. ;)

Comment

... its still reasonable to think it was off an epox...

*fades to corner not to be seen, annoyed he was wrong*

Comment

Originally posted by JediAgent
                              ... its still reasonable to think it was off an epox...

*fades to corner not to be seen, annoyed he was wrong*
                              Sorry JediAgent...let me get u a nick and fillerup...aight...lol...take care man...and hey...use some peltiers and overclock that epox biatch...lol...peace

FiReBLaZR

Comment

Working...
                              X