cpu start up problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpu start up problem

i had just bought a new cpu fan, aero 7 lite for my barton 2500+ on a A78NX. after a little pushing and shoving but no damage i put it on. i connected everything back and when i tried starting up my monitor doesn't get a signal. so i try reseting my cmos still no activity... any sugestions
    thx

check that the video card didn't get a little loose duruing your activites. just make sure that it is completely seated in the slot

Comment

graphics card is securly fit in the agp slot, monitor cable also secure... anychance i might have damage the mobo? i don't think i did...

Comment

May have cracked the CPU core

Comment

Well, have you tried your monitor with another computer? Make sure that works.

Comment

Ok... i forgot to mention my keyboard and mouse doen't turn on either, so does that mean i need a new motherboard... or did i forget to plug something? cause i rechecked several times and everything seems to be in place

Comment

Okay so when you switch your computer on does the Power Supply Box work? Do the fans start spinning.

Can you try mounting the old fan again? I know this is unlikely to be the cause of the problem but you never know.

What did you connect the heatsink too, to power it? Check over your power leads and connectors to the mother boards to make sure you have the right leads going to the right connectors.

Hope some of that helps.

Comment

ok... powersupply working fine, i think, all fans are go including case fans but no hardware activity...
                i tried switching it back to the old fan but still nothing...
                is it a cpu problem or a mobo prob?

Comment

cd drive opens/closes
                  mouse and keyboard no lights
                  theres a green light that is constantly on... im not sure what it is cause i lost the hand book that came with the motherboard.
                  power lead and conductors are all in a bit of a tangle but all put in correctly
                  and tried different monitors and still problems

Comment

Jeeze, I can't believe just changing your fan has screwed up your computer so much. The green light means there is power going to the motherboard, me thinks. It should stay on all the time or maybe thats the yellow light. So we got power coming to your mother board but hmmm maybe the extra power needed to power the fan has blown a conductor(or whatever they are called) within the motherboard - then again if this had happened the older fan should work. I don't want to say it incase it isn't but through the process of illimination it sounds like theres a problem with your motherboard. How long have you had it for now?

ta ta

Comment

Originally posted by firewolf
                      after a little pushing and shoving
                      Dude... exactly how much pushing & shoving are we talking about here... like; It easily snapped in after a slight push; pushing and shoving... or like; It wasn't easy but after a couple of hits with a sledge hammer and a couple of nails to keep it positioned it stayed in its' place; pushing and shoving? Cos it sounds like whatever amount of force you've put on the thing is taking its' toll.

Comment

ive had my cpu for about almost 6 months now
                        and no i didn't hitmy computer ith a hammer :hammer:

Comment

Originally posted by firewolf
                          no i didn't hitmy computer ith a hammer :hammer:
                          Lol, I hope not dude. The question wasn't literal btw. I was just asking about the amount of force you had to use to put the thing in, cos in yur initial statement you said you had to do a little pushin and shoving. - I just wanted to know what degree of pushing and shoving.

Comment

it's got to be a mobo problem. the power for the fan runs through the motherboard. the fan should turn on with the power switch on, even though the computer doesn't have to post. mayb when you "pushed" you might have bent a capactior or maybe even esd'd the mobo. did you wear a ground strap? test your mouse, keyboard, video card, etc. with another system to see if it works. if it does then it's more than likely a mobo problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Crappy
                              it's got to be a mobo problem. the power for the fan runs through the motherboard. the fan should turn on with the power switch on, even though the computer doesn't have to post.
                              That's not necessarily correct. None of my fans run through my board for power other than the CPU. All of my case fans are straight off the PSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X