cpu usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpu usage

i have a p4 1.5 and something is weird.......it is my cpu usage.

when i am doing nothing, ok jus printing something off the net, my whole som starts to lag. and when i go and check my cpu usage, it is at 100 for like 10 sec then it gradually goes down to like 20 then goes up again to 100. this happens alot of times, jus doing minor stuff and my cpu usage goes crazy. it also happens when i wanna bring my taskbar up (my taskbar is autohide) :)

wats wrong wif it??

What programs have you got runnin' in the background? :?:

Comment

Yes... my 1.7GHz Pentium 4 runs at 0 or 1% idle, it takes a LOT of activity to push it to 100%. The only time it does that is when I'm running UD Cancer Research.

Some other system specs may help - certain hardware can do that as well :?:
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Going along with what Wiggo was asking... look for a program running called "Fast Find". It is installed automatically with Office 97, and is probably the biggest piece of garbage that has ever come out of the Microsoft Lair (yep... even worse than WinME). You'll find it hiding in your Startup folder on the Start button if it's installed. Dump it and reboot.

There are other little programs that cause this problem too, but this is one of the more common ones, so thought I'd bring it up.

Good luck! :)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Yep and the Office Assistant as well as Fast Find. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
            What programs have you got runnin' in the background? :?:
            nothing. no programms. i am running xp....anything got to do wif my winxp? my taskbar is auto hide and i jus wan to bring it up and it lags bug time. i hit ctrl-alt-del to check my cpu usage and it is 100. so suprising.....jus wan to bring taskbar up and already 100.........hmmmm very funny. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
              Going along with what Wiggo was asking... look for a program running called "Fast Find". It is installed automatically with Office 97, and is probably the biggest piece of garbage that has ever come out of the Microsoft Lair (yep... even worse than WinME). You'll find it hiding in your Startup folder on the Start button if it's installed. Dump it and reboot.

There are other little programs that cause this problem too, but this is one of the more common ones, so thought I'd bring it up.

Good luck! :)

nup....no findfast......:D

Comment

ummm the unregistered is me......hehehe forgotten to log in

Comment

Have ya tried it with the "eye candy" settin's off? :?:
                  Take a look here http://www.tweaktown.com/vbulletin/s...=&threadid=981 and it's just a thought. ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X