BIOS Ver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS Ver

OK, I have Extremely little knowledge of BIOS workings, so keep that in mind.

Now, I've often heard of the BIOS version refered to and heard ppl say that it can increase or decrease the performence of the mobo.

Now, do BIOS versions work just like the drivers of a vid card or something?

Or is it an inset version that comes permenent with the BIOS chip?

Most modern motherboards (yours included) have a flashable EPROM (Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory) module on the board for basic CMOS functions. What this means to you is that yes, you can update the BIOS with revisions brought out by the motherboard manufacturer. However, there is no real need to update the BIOS unless you are having some sort of issue with settings in your current version, or if a newer revision brings to play a new feature that you have need of.

That said, why not head over to Adrian's Rojak Pot and check out their BIOS Optimization Guide as it is one of the best I have seen so far on the web. There are a lot of definitions of what different settings do and also gives recommendations of what will generally work.

Good luck! :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X