Nvidia Mobo Question?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia Mobo Question?????

If I get an Nvidia Motherboard...could I do a dual Monitor setup with my Geforce 2 Ultra in the AGP slot and use the Onboard one too at the same time with another monitor?????....just curious...cause that Abit NV7M looks pretty sweet...lataz

I'm not totally sure, but I think with any onboard video, once you plug in a new AGP card, it will disable the onboard card. You could try it with a PCI vid card, but that's just more costs, and not what you want...

Comment

I asked a tech, and he said no. The reason being that the on-board GF2 uses the AGP bus and it won't allow you to use both the AGP card and the onboard video.

Comment

And the answer is.....

NO!!!

The AGP spec only allows one graphics processor on the AGP bus. If another card is there, it must be PCI - sorry :(
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Aight...I just wanted to know...calm down guys...lol...I know the basics of Motherboards but in Nvidia's case...I was curious...thanks anywayz guys...lataz

FiReBLaZR

PS...when will Mr.tweak Give us our Sig Freedom Back???

Comment

Originally posted by FiReBLaZR
            PS...when will Mr.tweak Give us our Sig Freedom Back???

Please read this thread in the Beer Garden - thanks for your understanding :)
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Would be good if that was possible but it isn't right now.

Comment

Updated chipsets with the GF4MX due around June. ;)

Comment

Working...
                X