video card won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video card won't work

i have a radeon 7500, win xp pro, and a tyan tiger 230 s2507 mobo w/ a via apollo pro 133a chipset
    when i install the driver cd for the vid card and restart i get fuzzy lines across the screen
    i've been to ati, tyan, and via websites and installed different combos of drivers to no avail
    please help!!!
    :very angr

Err...Since you're on XP, have you been using the "roll back driver" feature? Once you install a driver, and if it doesn't work, then you roll back to what it was before and try another driver. Also, try this site for ATI Drivers: http://www.voodoofiles.com/type.asp?cat_id=2

It says "voodoofiles", yes I know, but they also have ATI drivers there as well. It's worth a shot at least ;)

Comment

define "fuzzy lines"

do u mean the type of appearance when the refresh rate is too high for the monitor - in any case wot sort of monitor?

Comment

Might need to change "AGP apperture size" in your BIOS setup from the default 64mbyte to 128mbyte, if you have the ram to do it. Radeons like alot of ram.

Comment

so i have the option to use 256mb in BIOS, and i have a radeon 7500 and 1gb ram

- should i set it that high, and what's the benefit? i hve it set @ 128mb right now...and it's only a 64mb card

Comment

thanks for all the advice. after installing and uninstalling hundreds of combinations of drivers for the video card, the chipset, and the agp i finally struck the right one. don't ask me how or what because towards the end i was so desperate i just began blindly installing and uninstalling drivers until something finally clicked!! i know this isn't the best method, but hey- when all else fails go drone and hope for the best!! thanks.

Comment

That pretty much what any of us do. I've just recently tried Det drivers above 5.32 again but there's no way in the world I can get them to work on this old setup. ;)
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
              X