Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Legislation to outlaw home built PCs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Legislation to outlaw home built PCs.....

See what happens when the government gets involved with technology? I'm not saying piracy and warez are right, but this is violating our constitution and severely cripple the PC industry. One more reason for less government--they think they always know what's best for us. HA!

Comment

OMFG, if that bill passes don't they know they will turn all of us into "hackers". I mean all the tweakers and hardcore plp will start finding ways to get there "illegal" modded home made box on the internet and on a network. More cracks and warez will come out just for spite. You can not stop the flow, you can only slow it down till someone beats it.

I think they going to far. They also mentioned stopping open source from being widely shared. I am a programmer myself when I am not at work as a network administrator ( which my company is using some of my freeware programs) and I love to have my programs used as much as possible. It makes you know you did something great

IMHO

Comment

this is going to bite.....I am going to agree with you. govenment + technology= bad mix. *crosses fingers i hope that that thing doesn't pass....

Comment

It's unlikely that it will pass, but just the fact that it was drawn up as a Bill and made it as far as it did makes you have to take notice. It's scary what a small person with a bit of authority can accomplish. Lets just hope that idiots like this will remain a minority for the sake of us all.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Yeah he's a bit of a banana....here's some more of him...

He does seem to have a bit of industry backing though (I wonder who.... WINTEL?????? maybe)

Comment

PHHTT!!
              So where do I stand in line for my new PC bearing the United States Government seal of approval? I assume it's free right!

OK, here's what I'm gonna' need to replace my outlaw hardware;

1 - 600 Watt UPS
              1 - 17" monitor with built in speakers
              1 - 2 system KVM switch
              1 - Inkjet printer
              1 - Flatbed scanner
              1 - Photo Scanner
              1 - Force feedback joystick
              1 - Digital camera
              1 - Webcam
              1 - Pair of powered speakers
              1 - Headphones with boom microphone
              1 - Notebook computer w/floppy and CDROM
              1- PC w/ sound, 3D video, modem, floppy, CDROM and tape drive
              1 - PC suitable for dual boot( each OS on a seperate drive - not partitions ) w/ spatial sound, 3D video, floppy, CDROM, CDR-RW and cigarette lighter ( yes - in this instance, a cigarette lighter is computer hardware )
              And a lot of floppies and CDROMS to replace all the ones I currently have which contain non-compliant software.
              4 different operating systems and a plethora of various software.

Any attempt to obtain the above items without providing replacement deemed suitable by none other than myself will be considered an act of thievery.
              Any act of thievery will result in a homemade bolt from a homemade crossbow coming into contact with vital organs contained within the thief.
              No exceptions!
              I don't give a damn what uniform the thief might be wearing at the time!
              Death to tyrants!
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Yeah I done a link in the news at the end of last month on this as Intel is even fighting for the home builder. ;)
                This is more on the Draft with coments. http://www.politechbot.com/docs/hollings.090701.html
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

According to Section 101, Subsection b)

I might be doing some heavy eBay buying soon, in hopes of beating the rush. LOL
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

As Darth said, its a bit scary that the idiot has got it this far....lets see??
                    would microsoft like it....yep
                    would intel like it....maybe..they got all the big tier one suppliers sowed up...more "Joe Sixpack" sales... yep
                    would the entertainer publishers like it...yep sure would
                    would AMD like it...don't think so...they wouldn't have the "approved" assembler support yet....

who would suffer......
                    mainly the offshore hardware suppliers like those in Taiwan...nothing for a US senator to worry about.....
                    Small software entrepreneurs....no worry for the senator..he's still got his megopoly supporters who can't stand small innovators

foreign developers....foreigners!!! probably terrorists anyway

I really hope this hits the iceberg and does a titanic cause it would be aweful....all vanilla systems with FBI hooks in them all and limited software range availability (supplied by microsoft of course)...."Macarthyism" all over again????

Comment

I don't see this passing...

Comment

Me neither just as Intel said, it would stiffle the market to much, plus it would let other markets gain in technological advancement over the US as well and I don't think that they would like that. ;)
                        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I don't see it passing but it shows that they are cooking up new ideas to bring us one more step into global "cattle branding" if you will

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                            It's unlikely that it will pass, but just the fact that it was drawn up as a Bill and made it as far as it did makes you have to take notice. It's scary what a small person with a bit of authority can accomplish. Lets just hope that idiots like this will remain a minority for the sake of us all.
                            That's the best answer I've seen, Darth.

Comment

how are they gonna stop u with the internet being so widely available, are they gonna search every bit of mail?
                              http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Working...
                              X