Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a Geforce 4 Ti 4800 SE

Ok here's my problem

Despite I have full antialiasing activated with latest drivers (52.16 for windows XP) I still do have a sort of aliased looking shape around objects ... For example in a game if my avatar stays still it's not noticeable ... But as soon as I make him move it looks like the shape of models are ran through by electrical power ... I'm not sure if I make myself clear !!? sorry to be french here :rolleyes: Maybe that's a well known issue ? Maybe I missed a point in my parameters ...!?

Thanks in advance for any input ... ;)

Use higher resolution and less AA, it looks better.

Comment

I was already running on a 1280 x 1024 res I upped to 1600 x 1200 and reduced AA to 2x but it didn't change a thing :( still that "vibrating" look-a-like aliasing effect around objects :mad:

Any other ideas ?

thanks ;)

Comment

Are you running it on an LCD (flatscreen) monitor or a CRT (normal) monitor. LCD monitors, especially older/cheaper ones, are known to have a ghosting or tearing affect, which is alot like what you described. I'm not well versed in LCD monitors, I've always used and favored CRT monitors, mainly for their price and performance in games. Someone with more knowledge on this can help you. Also, I have a Ti4200, and with the 52.16 drivers performance was decreased, although image quality was better, but there were blank outs and what not on the screen while using them. I have a funny feeling the 52.16's are much more optimized for the FX series and not for the Ti series. I've found that 45.23 drivers work best on my Ti4200 in games, so you might want to drop back to those and see if it helps. Good luck fixing that, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Now I'm running on a CRT LG Flatron F900B 19' and I got a problem with it too (can fix quite properly the shape of the picture's cushion !!! but that's another matter or maybe not !? BTw is there a screen troubleshooting section around here !?)

I recently upped to 52.16 but with the drivers before I had the same problem :(

No really it bugs me :mad:

Well thanks again for the input though ;)

Comment

Have ya tried goin' back to the 40 series drivers to see if the prob persists? :?:

Comment

Yup I already tried to simply go back to the drivers shipped with the card but the prob was still there :(

Any other idea ?

Thanks ;)

Comment

How old is your install?
                athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
                tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
                asus a7n8xe-dlx
                thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
                bfg 6800gt
                seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
                samsung dvdrw
                2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3