PDA

View Full Version : Custom BIOS?

The Evolved One
11-03-2003, 09:38 PM
Is there such things as custom BIOS's? BIOS's that might utilize the full potential of a board, or unlock some hidden settings like voltage or the like. just wondering because my current mobo a Gigabyte GA-8IR533 has no voltage changing options, somewhat limiting my overclock... if there was a custom bios that could give me more juice then i would be very grateful. anyone know of something like this?:confused:

DraGoN-BoY
11-03-2003, 09:51 PM
Well would be fantastic to have such things. I mean, I have an Intel mobo, which doesn't let me do anything at all!
Custom BIOS flashes would be great. Have to browse around on google and see what I can find.

musculus
11-03-2003, 09:51 PM
arent they just bound to the manufactor. for example the nforce2 mobo, BIOS unlocks the multiplier..?#"$?!:?:

Wiggo
11-03-2003, 09:59 PM
With Gigabyte mobo's when at the BIOS' main menu press "Ctrl + F1" and this should bring up a power options (overclockers) page if available with that board. :beer:

DarkRose
11-10-2003, 04:37 PM
I stumbled into the American Megatrands webpage a while back looking for a BIOS update, and you could submit a request I believe for a customized BIOS, and they'd give you a quote on price... wasn't what I was looking for so I didn't look any deeper into it.... there it is...

http://www.esupport.com/biosupgrades/

think that's what it is....