ATi Catalyst Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATi Catalyst Installation

Nice guide, question though. Using Regcleaner doesn’t remove the entries under.

H_L_M\SYSTEM\CurentControlSet\Control \video

Shouldn’t these also be removed? Or will Cat’s 3.8 on up do that for you. I know I’ve forgotten to remove them and latter found multiple versions in there. Didn’t cause problems for me but, from your other guides I know you like to be through. :D

The tip on removing old devices should remove display related entires such as those I believe. Even if it doesn't, there's only so far you can go in cleaning your registry without getting into dangerous waters :)
    My Machine

Comment

Is the Refresh rate issue still a problem?? I mean, I can change refresh rates for my desktop, I can clearly see the difference. Or is the refreshrate problem only evident in games or other apps?

Comment

Yes the refresh rate issue still exists. Even though you can adjust your refresh rate for your desktop, as soon as you change resolution (happens most often for games) then it kicks in the 60Hz lock, unless the game itself has an option to choose a refresh rate.

Basically using a refresh rate fix means you don't have to worry - you'll always be getting the highest refresh rate at whatever resolution/setting.

I sure wish MS would fix this, but they obviously have some reason for keeping it this way.
        My Machine

Comment

Working...
        X