How hard is PHP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is PHP?

Someone tell me, how hard is PHP to learn? :)

Hey I asked what it was and got this http://www.php.net/ with http://www.php.net/manual/en/ :eek:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I am just starting to dive into PHP, I will let you know how hard it is after I find out myself

Comment

do you know any other languages? php looks complicated on the edge, but once you grasp the concept, and start diving in, you'll realize it's one of the most powerful easy languages out there. of course, it can get very complicated but you can do a lot of stuff on the web very easily with php. If you have any c++ knowledge, php will be a breeze, it's really c++ made easy.

Comment

As jotto said, just really depends on the sort of experience you've had before. Know C++? (I know you dont, Cam ;)) It's a breeze.

Know any other language? Should be pretty easy?

No experience? Get a manual :).

Comment

I think the real key, will be finding the right source to learn from.
            If you find a good one, let us know OK?

I remember struggling with HTML (yeah OK, pretty lame compared to PHP - but the point I'm trying to make still applies.). But once I found someone that wrote about it in terms I could understand, it was a snap.
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

i couldn't of said it any better mr. c. When i was first getting into computer, I couldn't even grasp the concept of html, I didn't understand anything because all the tutorials went straight to the code. Eventually i found someone who explained html telling me it was a universal markup language that defined websites, a simple programming tool. In this case, you probably allready know the concept of php, but want to learn the syntax, for starters try www.devshed.com they have some good simple tutorials (php 101), or php.net the php homepage has the best, most descriptive free manual you could ever want, and if you need a book, a great one that gets right to what you want and need to do with php, get the PHP, read less, learn more, your visual blueprint for creating open source, server-side content (hungry minds) that's what i used, and it really got me motivated, now i use php.net with the core syntax and concepts i learned from that book

Comment

PHP isnt that hard, but it can take a while to get it down. I reccomend spending a few hours at Borders with ur laptop and a few PHP books int eh Cafe.. It worked to me!

Comment

PHP when combined with mysql is very easy and powerfull web/database system. A friend and myself have written a patient phone dir system that uploads from a text file into a mysql database that is then searched via a web interface - very fast and robust

If you have experience with C++ you'll find it a breaze, even if you don't its very straight forward
                  http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Working...
                  X