Gefore 2 Pci Cards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gefore 2 Pci Cards.

Can anyone tell me what the best geforce 2 pci card is? I hear(from nvidia.com) that geforce 2 gts makes a pci version, but i have yet to see one. Any recommendations?

This is my setup, dont laugh please:

amd k6-2 550mhz
    192mb pc-100 ram
    Windows ME

Comment

The nVidia based card is a GF2 MX which several companies such as Jaton, Powercolor and a few other budget companies.

Comment

for geforce 2 i was mainly looking at the cardexpert geforce2 mx64 32mb pci card.

wtf is this? i cant find a geforce 2 gts pci card anywhere, what does "it supports pci" mean. http://nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_20010528_5290

Comment

Now that's strange as I've never seen higher than than a GF2 MX400 in PCI build and they are not very common so a bit of searching around will probably have to be done to find one. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

the PCI versions stand up pretty well against their AGP counterparts...:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Flash
              for geforce 2 i was mainly looking at the cardexpert geforce2 mx64 32mb pci card.

wtf is this? i cant find a geforce 2 gts pci card anywhere, what does "it supports pci" mean. http://nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=IO_20010528_5290
              Sure, it might support it but if no companies make a PCI version it doesn't does it... :)

Comment

i see, good point. do you think the 3d prophet 32mb, or a card expert's geforce 2 mx64 would work better on my bottle neck setup? (i hear good things about cardexpert from pcworld magazine, so ill probably go with them if i get a geforce)

Comment

The only prob ya may have is if the motherboard can't supply enough power to the card but most of these probs happen only with AGP cards but do make sure that where ever ya get it from will take a return if this is the case with yours as socket 7 motherboards were not designed with current hardware requirements. :smokin:

Comment

can you tell me which would work better on my rig, the card expert's geforce2 mx64 32mb pci card, or the 3d prophet 32mb. Does anyone have prior experience with either of these. Thanks for your help!

Comment

I've never heard of the GF2 mx64 before so that a new one on me and the Kyro II card does have some issues with the drivers but what do you use this PC for? :?:

Comment

games, i run them the best i can. im not looking to run the new games, moh:aa, rtcw, because i know they would look like a blury slide show on my system. so i run games with expectations, knowing its limits.

Comment

Well get a PCI GF2 MX 400 then. :smokin:

Comment

hmm, the card expert's pci is a mx200. should i go with a different brand? i was looking into the XTASY Geforce 2 MX 400 64mb by VisionTek, as well as the Verto Geforce 2 mx400 64mb by PNY. So many choices AHHHH

Comment

Go with the MX400's as the MX200's have very poor performance. :smokin:

Comment

Working...
                              X