Monitor connection on motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor connection on motherboard

don't know where to place this question, so i've come here.

lets say i've got a board like the Abit ic7-max3 (the new abit p4 board) which doesn't have any support for serial connections.

so where do i plub in my moniter with the serial connectors (i've got no idea what they are called). The only thing similar to a monitor port on that board appears to be the S/PDIF Output connections.

While examining new monitors and LCD monitors, i saw that also still use the old serial ports for input so how would i plug something like that into motherboards?

Originally posted by Jonny
    so where do i plub in my moniter with the serial connectors (i've got no idea what they are called).
    do you mean a normal VGA cable? that goes from your monitor to your computer? the monitor plugs into a video card; the socket is similar to a serial except on the back of the computer it is a female socket where as serial ports are male.

the abit ic7-max3 doesnt have onboard video so you will have to get a video card in order for your computer to work.

Comment

I'm sorry but I can't help myself with this one. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
        I'm sorry but I can't help myself with this one. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
        ahem....... well, errm...... oh dear.... doesn't seem to be any way to regain my lost dignity now :o

hehe.... gawd.... can't believe i forgot the actual point of a vid card. guess it really has been too long since i've done any hardware upgrades on my comps :laugh:

errm... well, thx for all your help (somebody shoot me now :p)

Comment

Well I did say sorry but... :shrug:

Comment

^^

:laugh:

eum.. hmm.. yeah..

Comment

Working...
            X