No announcement yet.

Abit Ic7 Max3 or Asus P4c800-E deluxe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abit Ic7 Max3 or Asus P4c800-E deluxe?

Hello. I am about to order a new PC in a few weeks. I have been trying to decide which motherboard to get. There are two. the Abit Ic7 Max3 and the Asus P4c800-E deluxe. I have read every single forum and review on this WORLD WIDE WEB. :p and have not came to a conclusion. Here is what i have planed out...

CPU: Intel 2.4c 800FSB
    Mobo:....?
    Heatsink: Thermalright SP-94 + Vantec Tornado 90mm High Output
    Ram: 2XOCZ DDR PC-4200 / 533mhz / Performance Series
    HD: -Western Digital 36.7 GB 10,000 RPM
    -MAXTOR 40.9GB 7200rpm
    Video: Radeon 9800 pro 128mb

Ok. First of all both motherboards are great. The ram that i have, i have heard does not work well with the MAX3. and the heat sink have picked out i was wondering if it fits the Sp-94, due to the OTES cooling? THe divider problems onteh Max3 i have heard are a big problem but some boards are very lucky and do not have these. The Max3 has a wider range of voltages for the components. BUT the i heard taht Asus has released an improved bios version that gives a wider range. of voltages and im not sure what else they have updated.
    If anyone can start to answer my questions that would be GREAT!:D THANKS

Pick the Asus, heard no probs about em'.. Which I can't say bout the Abit.

One of my brothers is waiting for his New Abit Max3 so it'l be cool to see how it runs though..

Comment

Come on? any imput at all?!

Comment

I have an Abit IC7-G Max2...and I have no issues with it. Tho it isnt the MAx3, its close, and I like it. I dunno much aboutthe Asus, but due to the divider issues Id go with the Asus too

Comment

The thing is that Abit has released a new version of bios taht claims to get rid of the divider problems, and Asus claims to have a new version that fixes the low voltage settings. So after these releases they are IDENTICLE! thats my question.

Comment

Working...
          X