Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I doing wrong?

Hey all,
    Havin kind of a problem (or maybe not) with my system...
    I'm running a P4 2.4 on an MSI 865PE Neo 2 board with a Radeon 9800 SE and 2 sticks of Corsair 512XMSPC-3200. My problem is that I cant get the Quake 3 timedemo to run faster than 7 seconds, and when I run Aquamark 3 I only score around 23,000.
    That's at the factory clock settings...I've tried to oc with powerstrip, radeonator, and radclock but when I do there is literally NO change. My friend has almost the exact same system but he has a couple sticks of xmspc-4000 and a 9800 pro and he runs the demo in 4 sec and scores about a 45,000 on aquamark. Is this normal? Or am I overlooking something? Any help would be appreciated.....

There's a pretty big difference between your 9800SE and his 9800 Pro, that's probably why he is scoring better than you.

Comment

If you go to ATI's website on the product comparison the only difference between the two cards is clock speeds. Would the clock speeds on the card make that much a difference?

Comment

Yes the clock speeds do make a difference and to overclock you raise these speeds more to increase performance.

Comment

Kewl....is there any tried and true oc software out there because when I try and use powerstrip radeonator or radclock even when Im on the brink of instability, which is around 315 mem, I dont see any difference at all. Is the software not working or am i doing it all wrong?

Comment

Ya'd need to run a benchmark to see how much more ya gettin' as ya eyes will likely not notice any difference.

Comment

my aquamark score stays around 23,000 even when i oc my card....by the way thanks for the help

Comment

Also don't forget that the 9800SE only has 4 pipelines and a 128 bit memory interface while the 9800 Pro has 8 pipelines and a 256-bit memory interface. Those make a huge difference...

Comment

Yea....I heard that from somewhere....but i forget where. Oh well, that explains alot and I guess be selling my card on the pound and buying a pro ;) Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X