Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadtek GeForce3 Ti200 T - AGP x4 Problems ;//

lo guys, first post - be nice :))

recently (sunday ffs ;)) i bought a Leadtek GeForce3 Ti200. Assuming these cards were as good as i thought they were i just took out my TNT2 Pro (ph33r ;)), and shoved in this gf3 ti200 beauty...

No boot....no display...no nothing

All i got was power up. At first i thought hmm, uh oh - not the bp6 incident again (long story) so i decided shove in my old tnt2, to makesure nothing had died in the process of sticking this in.

Phew, i got a bootup. So at first i thought - maybe the card doesn't work. But before i was going to give up, i dived into the bios. Just out of interest I decided to disable AGPx4.

Switched off, took out tnt2, put gf3 in. Turned pc on....

WHALA - booted fine and i'm usin it now.

the only problem is, i want to know why agp x4 doesn't work ? My system is;

Normal 230W power supply
    Duron 700 @ 900 (150x6)
    Abit KT7A-RAID Mobo
    1x256 pc133 ram
    Leadtek GeForce3 Ti200 T
    Sound Blaster 128 PCI sound card
    1xPCI Realtek RTL-8029 network card &
    1xISA Realtek RTL-8029 network card
    Quantom Fireball AS40, 40GB HD
    Philips 40x CD-ROM
    Philips 32x4x4 CD Re-Writer
    Normal floppy drive

If anyone has any suggestiongs or knows why, please tell me anythin ya know - thx :)

BTW:

My GF3 isn't overclocked yet! (:)) and my 3dmark2001 SE score is here : http://service.madonion.com/servlet/...&projectType=6

my other problem is does having agpx4 speed anything up, and will i gain anything from finding some sort of fix for this ?

Not sure atm about ya 4x mode problem but ya PSU would be right on the limit of a burnout which is why the card probably didn't boot straight away as it requires more power than ya old one. Ya may also start to find random lockups and resets may start to plague ya so a good idea would be to think about a 300w PSU of reasonable quality before some damage maybe done. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

does having agp x4 give me any speed increase at all anyway? someone said it didn't matter...

Comment

I seriously dont know why people think the PSU would be a problem. i am still running a 250W PSU and that is powering an AMD Athlon 1400, MSI MB with RAID, a Dragon Orb HSF, 4 case fans, cd burner, dvd burner, FDD, ZIP drive, Live! drive, Neon lights, 3 HDDs, and all my PCI cards(Modem, NIC, SBLive!, Gf2MX) and i got 4 host powered devices running off the USB.

All that must be draining more power than most computers and its just a 250W PSU

Comment

There are a few 250w PSU's out there that can keep the current rate up at good levels but there are a lot more that won't and a couple of them are here that couldn't handle the loads at all so you were lucky to get a good one. :smokin:

Oh suj NVmax might be able to help you and here is a NVmax User Guide. Let us know how ya go with it. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Guys - I GOT IT WORKING! NICE, NVMAX must own me or somethin :)

I just enabled VIA 4X AGP in system / agp settings and it's just booted and everything works fine :D

Thanks for all the help

oh by the way, new 3dmark url : http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2954224

I've not tried it with AGP x4 yet, but i did clock it to 930MHz. I tried 948 and it booted into windows, but 3dmark just kept quitting after starting some of the first test...

Cyall in the forums! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Birdkiller
              I seriously dont know why people think the PSU would be a problem. i am still running a 250W PSU

What is it about people living in Hamilton that run lots of components off whimpy 250W power supplies? :laugh:
              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

ok first off, i don't live in "hamilton", secondly, why spend money on something when you don't need it, and it's not going to affect your life / pc and performance of ure shagging in any way ?

Comment

Hey good to here that it worked. ;)

Comment

the gforce3 cards can be touchy about your graphics apputure size in your mobo bios, try different values to see.if i set mine to anything besides 16 mb my 3d2001 mark halves

Comment

well like err, how much ram u got?

Comment

Originally posted by suj
                        ok first off, i don't live in "hamilton", secondly, why spend money on something when you don't need it, and it's not going to affect your life / pc and performance of ure shagging in any way ?

It was a little joke aimed at Birdkiller and his friend Beefy..... they live in a small country town called Hamilton and both have powerful systems running off puny power supplies..... but if it works for them good :thumb:

I like a higher rated PSU due to the amount of brownouts I get in my area, all the smaller ones in the house reboot when we get a brownout, mine stays online :)
                        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

L33t! :)

Comment

Working...
                          X