DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B

I just got a DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B motherboard for my birthday and when i finished taking everything out of the case, installing the new motherboard, and sticking everything back into the case, after i turn it on, it boots up properly, the windows loading screen pops up for windows XP, the blue bar shows up and then i get a Blue screen of death. The computer then restarts itself.

What can i do to fix this? I am assuming that the hard drive is just not recognizing the motherboard, is there any way to fix this? Any ideas?

you need to reinstall windows.
    its having issues because of the wrong mobo dirvers that are there for old mobo.

Comment

does that mean i need to completely wipe my hard drive? I have a lot of files that i havent backed up yet. is there a way i can do a reinstall without completely trashing the HD?

Comment

well you could temporalily put your old mobo back in (assuming it still works and is still in your possession) until you can backup your important files.
        -OR-
        (probably the easiest) pull the hdd and put it into another PC, burn the files, and put the hdd back in the PC in question.
        -OR-
        as a quick fix, you could do a repair install of Windows to get it working again. But you will still want to do a fresh install as soon as possible.

:cheers:

Comment

Thanks, i did a regular Re-Install of windows, and everything was fine. Kept all my old files and everything. I guess windows just had to re-recognize the motherboard.

Comment

You really need to do a fresh install of windows after you change motherboards or you're gonna run into serious issues down the road. And your performance will be not near what it should be. All your old mobo drivers are still in that windows install, you need to reformat and do a fresh install.

Comment

Working...
            X