not a case mod but still cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not a case mod but still cool.

I saw a link to this on HardOCP and nearly hit the floor laughing..

the guy turned a teddy bear into an ethernet switch.

cool..:bounce: :bounce2:

It looks really cool!

Comment

:laugh: That guy deffinately has too much time on his hands. :laugh:

Comment

lol! well...its different to say the least. maybe they should camoflage(sp?) their whole computer? put part of it in a clock....some built in to the desk..in a empty packet of chips..and more teddies! lol

Comment

I just wonder about heat with that thing. Being wrapped in stuffing can't be good for a switch.

Bustout.

Comment

Yoshi was making one on The ScreenSavers the other day. (Thursday?)

Hee Hee - got me to thinking, my wife would let me get a lot of hardware, provided I can disguise it as teddy bears. LOL

The LED eyes are a bit spooky though - somebody needs to do a mod, bright red eyes make evil lookin' teddies.
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Hey, I watch the screensavers.

It dissapoints me how uninformed pat and leo can be. How many athlons has pat fried? 5? thats pathetic. I could so do any of their jobs.

WHAT HAPPENED TO SCOTT HERRIOT !!! Ahhhh !

Comment

I can't watch screensavers. Well, I could, but I'd have to pay extra to get the chanel. Blah!

Bustout.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                  Yoshi was making one on The ScreenSavers the other day. (Thursday?)

Hee Hee - got me to thinking, my wife would let me get a lot of hardware, provided I can disguise it as teddy bears. LOL

The LED eyes are a bit spooky though - somebody needs to do a mod, bright red eyes make evil lookin' teddies.
                  Yoshi does some interesting stuff, but my only reason for watching that show is Morgan Webb [a major hotie]

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I can't attach an image to this post at the moment so just follow the URL..

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDD

Yoshi does some interesting stuff, but my only reason for watching that show is Morgan Webb
                    LOL
                    Babes with brains and attitude:thumb:
                    ScreenSavers - Saving the world 1 computer at a time.
                    Morgan can save my critical data anytime! Or Megan maybe?

I have heard Scott went to CNN????
                    Please tell me that's not true!

When I grow up, I want a 45 day workyear like Leo.

Yeah, Yoshi loves his job LOL.
                    Not much of his stuff is original though. Remember that last big PC giveaway?
                    Not the steenking Gateways that they give now - the last handcrafted gaming rig. That TechTV cut-out on the side panel, he got that from me, no fooling!
                    Wait, wait, I have proof!!

Check me out at http://www.iw.net/~sunshine/system2.html

Yup, that was months before the giveaway. heehee
                    My 9 seconds of fame - whoopie:rolleyes:
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Mr. C: I love your case badge..

As for me I usually use either a skull & crossbones or a FreeBSD daemon logo for my case badges..

Morgan Webb is still my main reson to watch the ScreenSavers.:D

I wonder what happened to Cat Scwartz [another cute GeekGirl] :lips: who used to be on the show but I haven't seen in a while [I don't watch every day so I might be missing something].

Comment

NICE case badge i want to have it!

Comment

I dunno' ? Cat left to report on that one computer show, and never came home? Can't say I would never do the same though:laugh:

As for the case badge, that came off eBay.
                          Look for a seller by the handle of sixthfloor I've personally done business with him 3 times.
                          I testify here and now -- this guy has quality merchandise. Dozens of styles too.

Hec, I'll give you a link to one of his Current Auctions to get you started.

I've said before, if I got every cool case badge this guy makes my PC would look like the Partridge Family bus.LOL
                          He has 3 pages of auctions listed ATM.

He does ship internationally for $2.50(American).
                          But if your interested, email him before you bid to work out the details.

The pics on the auctions don't do the badges justice, they are really fine - I don't get paid to say that either. I'm just a very satisfied customer.

Comment

sixthfloor's badges look like an upgrade from my usual ones..:D

I will have to look for his stuff once I run out.

By other TechTV show do you mean Call For Help which that dude that runs the lockergnome website is on? you know the guy who always seems likes he's high on caffeine.;)

My usual badges are pretty nice too. I even have one S case badge that says Slackware on it in a nice shade of blue..

Comment

Your talking about the skinny redhead that sat at the desk next to Megan on TSS right?
                              She went to CeBit or Home Electronics Expo or some big show, reporting live in short segments on Tech Live, TSS and Call For Help. Then once the show (honestly can't remember which show, so many and I never get to go to any) ended, that was it - never to be seen again???

She was real popular with the male viewers, maybe she got axed in the last big cut-back???

Some of those sellers on eBay do custom badges though I've never tried any.
                              I see recently sixthfloor does sell a kit to make 6 (I think I remember that right?) dome badges yourself for $9.95 american.
                              It looks like a pretty foolproof kit, you might want to take a look at that perhaps.

LOL ya, Chris Perillo is kind of a spazz ain't he - but sometimes he has some good to know info.

Comment

Working...
                              X