Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Optical Mouse

Hi
    I was hoping sum1 could help me with this stupid mouse. As my topic says i've got a MS Optical Mouse 2buttons and a wheel.

Is been pretty good up until recently when it started playing games with me and i'm starting get frustrated ther damm mouse keeps turning on and off the laser or wat ever so i can use it then i can't.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers but i dun think thats the problem.
    Ohh yeh it usually starts happing after about 10 -15 mins after i turn the comp on. I dun know mayb theres not enuff power going to it. Cause i bumped up the Vcore from 64 to75 i have enuff cooling on the CPU i have no idea.

It could also b the chip that controls all the USB ports and that. It might b getting to hot.

Drivers arn't needed for that mouse but it's a sign that it's about to die.

Comment

Ok just as i suspected is the power supply. I know this cause i'm replying to u on my bro's comp cause my comp is dead right now.

I had a 300W max power supply. This is what i had running off it.

3 Fans @12V
      - 1 for Gfx Card
      - 1 for Case
      - 1 for CPU (Aero 7+)

another line for the ATi9800Pro dun know how much that used.
      and as i said earlier my vcore was on 64w and i put it up to 75 to keep it stable OC'ed for my CPU.

Now i can't remember my physics so i hope u can tell me if that was the reason for it dieing.

Ohh yeh 4got to mention the power cables that connected to my Mobo is fried. The part which has like 20 pins that go into the mobo, 4 of them r black and it smells pretty bad. so the 4 that was on my mobo is black too. I'm just asking to c if my mobo is still alive.

Comment

Well usually that will happen with a mobo overload/short or a low quality PSU that doesn't have a breaker fuse and it has overloaded/shorted.
        I've had an M$ optical mouse (one of the 1st ones out) do that here recently the same as was happenin' to your's but it just died in the end.
        Whether your mobo will still work is hard to say until it's tested.
        As for ya PSU I havn't used any that are rated below 400W for a couple of years now (usually 430W-480W) in the new PC's that I build reguardless of whether they're an ultra basic setup or not as just today's CPU and video requirements just demand so much.

Comment

Thanks for that.

I've started looking at buying a new PSU and not quiet sure which is more reliable.

theres 1 i found rated at 550w max outage which cost $120au
          and i found a thermaltake 420w max which cost the same amount. Now i was wondering if that generic 1 cost the same cause the life time is expected to be shorter or is that the thermaltake one has more features like the breaker fuse.

For my mouse it seems to work fine on my bro comp so if nething i'll just give that 1 to him and get my self a new mouse as well.

Comment

Get something in the range of the Antec 420W-480W or Enermax in the 430W-480W (both are made by the same company, plus many other re-branded names, but if ya find a PSU labelled as SuperFlower or Top Power in the same range then buy it).

Comment

This is wat my mobo looks like after the PSU died.

Don't know how the 4 burned holes is gonna effect it but i thought u might have somthing to say about it.

Comment

That doesnt look good, your ATX connector is quite possibly "el ****to" now

Comment

ahhh crappp

Comment

if ya decide to attempt to hook up another PSU to that, make sure you have a bag of marshmallows nearby ;)

Comment

I'llm bring the doogies & mustard
                      Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Working...
                      X