PDA

View Full Version : [email protected]: Graphical vs Console

Fatguy3
12-03-2003, 04:59 PM
I just got the new [email protected] 4.00 beta graphical console, downloaded the new 65 core, and started crunching for TweakTown.

I am using the -local -advmethods -forceasm command lines on startup.

I was just wondering, on my system (Win XP) is there any difference between graphical/console. Peformance wise?

Wiggo
12-03-2003, 07:02 PM
I'd imagine that it would be similar to the GUI and CLI versions of [email protected] The command line version takes a lot less time as the CPU doesn't have to process the graphics associated with the graphical version which wastes cycles. :beer:

Fatguy3
12-03-2003, 07:09 PM
downloading the console as i type this :)

waynebot
12-05-2003, 06:08 AM
I just got the new 4.00 beta graphical console, downloaded the new 65 core, and started crunching for TweakTown.

I am using the -local -advmethods -forceasm command lines on startup.

I was just wondering, on my system (Win XP) is there any difference between graphical/console. Peformance wise?
Welcome to the team,Fatguy3

If your using the beta 4 console, then you want use
-advmethods -forceSSE(for AMD). The console is faster and the way to go,you can use
Trayit (http://www.teamcti.com/trayit/trayit.htm) to hide the icon to the tray if you want.
Also we have a couple of [email protected] threads you shoud check out.
Anyway welcome to the team.
Ask us if you need any help. You can get a sig. here (http://www.teamcti.com/trayit/trayit.htm) after you send in your first WU.

good luck and keep folding :cheers:

minibubba
12-05-2003, 06:33 AM
now how did I miss this thread? anyway, welcome to the team :thumb:

always very glad to see new people joining our small team (hopefully it wont stay small for much longer)

:cheers:

Divine_Madcat
12-05-2003, 08:04 AM
Welcome to the team buddy! Make your self at home, and never be afraid to ask questions! :D

Fatguy3
12-05-2003, 08:52 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome guys. Im sitting here at frame 364 waiting for it to finish my first W/U so I can do my reformat preparing for the new heatsink. Which I needed because Folding is really stressing out the CPU. I used to do some [email protected] stuff, but I hated running it with games cause it killed performance. I love how I can keep this running in the BG and it doesnt hurt performace at all, nice job Stanford in adding a Lowest Priority setting. Once I do a reinstall and bench again with the new heatsink, Im gonna run some tests to see if folding hurts benchmark scores. Be a very good way to get people around these parts into this. Plus you're not just searching for aliens, you're doing something actually useful. And yes I believe in ETs, but I doubt we'll find them with radio.

minibubba
12-05-2003, 09:59 AM
well [email protected] has never given me a problem with gaming, but I've never thought to leave it on during a benchmark. I'd be interested to know what the results are like.