Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament Domination..... OH YEAH!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament Domination..... OH YEAH!!!

Hey peeps,

As you may (or may not) know, I recently picked up Unreal Tournament G.O.T.Y. edition, and I have been fascinated with two things, firstly the realism of the bots, and secondly the Domination mode of play.

I got two buddies from TAFE, I played with two bots, they played together with one bot. Strangely enough, even though my mates are more skilled at UT than me, my team of bots won every match. I set one to roam freely, and one to cover my arse. They did their job well ;)

So I am most impressed with this mode of play :) :thumb:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Hooray.

Welcome to the world of true gaming.

Your next stop is Deus Ex.
    You can pick it up cheap now too.

Comment

Well it's been quite nice having intelligent bots for a change... unlike the stupid ones in Q3A who are either unhumanly accurate or completely stupid :hammer:

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus
        ... unlike the stupid ones in Q3A who are either unhumanly accurate or completely stupid
        Heh, you pretty much described the majority of the q3a online playerbase. :)

Youll find that the UT community (especially the aussie one) isnt full of 15yo kids looking to 'oVVn j00' but instead- have a good game. Yes I know, its a shock, but its true. There are civilised people still out there.

So what mods have you been playing with for UT?

Comment

Haven't delved into mods yet , still getting a hold of the game before I start modifying it ;)

Comment

Well when you do, give Tac-Ops a try.
            Think CS, but with attitude. :)

I gotta ask- whaddya think of the Unreal engine btw?
            using D3D as your renderer voids any responce you make. OGL all the way.

Comment

What's wrong with the Direct3D renderer? :confused:

I am rather fond of it... fast... stable... it rocks! UT looks a lot better than the original Unreal, and has much brighter colours than Quake based games. Can't wait for Unreal/UT Two :lips:

Comment

Epic stopped tweaking the d3d renderer ages ago. (limitations of d3d I think is why) they have been releasing ogl tweaks and updates for quite some time. ogl looks much crisper and clearer than d3d as well.

Play Deus Ex and find out. (its a game using the UT engine)
                And so is Rune.

Both run and look horrible in d3d. Ogl all the way.

latest Ut patch is 436. There are 3 or 4 ogl renderer updates after that. Have a squizz on the epic site. A few community ppl are also tweaking the ogl since epic have backed off because of UT/UC development.

Comment

Like most people I can't wait for Unreal II.. The amount of enhancements they've done to the Unreal engine for that game is amazing.. and being the happy owner of a GF3, it will look rather nice on my machine.. ;)

Comment

Well I tried the OpenGL renderer, it seems more "coarse" in quality than the Direct3D renderer, but there was no difference in speed. And yes, it has improved IMMENSELY since the original Unreal :thumb:

Comment

Shoulda told you this, sorry:

goto the console as type in 'preferences' (w/o quotes)
                      tweak/enable the opengl features.
                      also up your cache from 4 meg, to say...96. watch those maps load in seconds. literally.

What vid card you got btw?

Unreal was a Glide based game when it was first released. It had a very silly d3d renderer and at the time if you didnt have a voodoo- say hello to software mode. Yes d3d was that bad. ogl wasnt introduced until a few patches down the track and it still wasnt as good as glide. Nothing ever will be for Unreal, just the way it was written.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut Zer0
                        What vid card you got btw?

GeForce3 Ti200.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahamut Zer0
                          Well when you do, give Tac-Ops a try.
                          Think CS, but with attitude.
                          i havent played Tac-Ops since not long after it was first released. (cant remember what version it was..and i never played it online:() how much has it changed from say, the first beta? i'm on dial up, so do ur best to convince me it's worth gettin;)

Comment

No Cheats/15yo kids.

Good enough for ya?

Comment

whats wrong with 15yr old kids..................:cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X