PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished Motherboard

Spongebob
12-12-2003, 03:35 AM
Would you trust buying a refurbished mainboard?

kane2g
12-12-2003, 03:50 AM
depends form whom youre buying it from.
for example. www.excaliberpc.com is authrized abit refurb retailer. so i would trust them ;)

minibubba
12-12-2003, 04:41 AM
depends form whom youre buying it from.
for example. www.excaliberpc.com is authrized abit refurb retailer. so i would trust them ;) umm, ya.. what he said^

I wouldn't trust just any refurbished anything unless I knew it was from a respectable place
:2cents:

Fatguy3
12-12-2003, 05:00 AM
And, if it has a lead pipe sticking through the socket, I wouldnt buy it either :)

Respectable certified dealer: YES
Trunk of a '76 Eldorado in Harlem: NO

elrado1
12-12-2003, 05:22 AM
Would you trust buying a refurbished mainboard? The biggest problem with getting refurbished mobo's is that you rarely get any of the other components that were included with it origionally. At least that's what I've noticed with one retailer, whom we are all familiar with here in the states.

The__tweaker
12-12-2003, 07:16 AM
And, if it has a lead pipe sticking through the socket, I wouldnt buy it either :)

Respectable certified dealer: YES
Trunk of a '76 Eldorado in Harlem: NO

:laugh: :thumb:

Wiggo
12-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Would you trust buying a refurbished mainboard? No! :hammer:
All refurbished mobo's (or any other part for that matter) have had some part repaired on them but usually the part that causes the problem isn't the part that was repaired but the part that causes other parts to fail. :beer:

The__tweaker
12-12-2003, 11:25 AM
Seriously, wouldn't it all depend on the price..:?:

But I guess it must be one helluva discount if it'll be worth the risk of malfunction. :2cents:

kane2g
12-12-2003, 12:26 PM
refurb means that it was previously used. but still carries warantee. w.o warantee its pointless.
PS. Its OK to buy anything from the back of a 84 Jimmy :D
J/K

Spongebob
12-13-2003, 09:09 AM
refurb means that it was previously used. but still carries warantee. w.o warantee its pointless.
PS. Its OK to buy anything from the back of a 84 Jimmy :D
J/K

I was thinking about getting this board for $85 which ussually runs for around $200 (US). http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-128-185R&catalog=280&manufactory=BROWSE&type=Refurbish

What is an AGP Pro port anyway? Will any 8X AGP video card work with it?

Update:
The refurbished ones are gone but I did place my order ontime. I hope mine comes without the lead pipe Fatguy3.:eek:

Link to the new one here http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-128-185&catalog=280&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

Update= I got it and didn't find any lead pipes. Works good so far:) .