CD-Writer Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-Writer Problems

I've got an HP Pavilion 8522 with an HP Cd-Writer+ 8000 series cd-writer pre-installed, but the writer will only write the first 6 tracks of my compilations and stuff - then it just comes up with errors and crap.... I've tried using three different programs to write the CDs, but they don't work. So far, I've wasted 4 CDs and a lot of time

PLEEEEEEEEEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about yours, but my 9500 series burner is pretty darn picky about blank discs.
    I always burn at low speeds, takes a long time, but I get success that way.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

As Mr.C said and don't run any other programs while you're doin' the burn either. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

What they said. In my experience they aren't very robust either. My 9700 series makes so much noise, it sound like a bunch of beetles have a gang fight. Something else I found with my old 8000? series is that CDs with green tinted writing surface worked the best for me. Good Luck.

JM
        Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

i thought it might be his APSI layer so i've sent him an APSI layer installer (thankyou al), now we just have to wait for the outcome
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

well as it turned out Mr. C hit the nail on the head, he tried a different brand of cds and it worked fine :)
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Unfortunately, I bought that burner without doing my homework.
              An informed consumer is a better consumer - but I'm getting the job done within it's limitations just the same, only slower.
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
              X