• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Review People!!!

Wow, I guess that was a way to tell a yarn.:confused:

Comment

Comment

I can't reply on behalf of shawn, but as far as the 3000 pt difference goes, he can only publish the results the equipment achieves while he is benchmarking it.
        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by .Kylie.
          :
          Apparently your an English freak, or dont know it at all, as that makes perfect sense.

Things arent always written perfect, everyone has their own style of writing, be it a review or anything.

Comment

As a matter of fact, I think you are. You have blatantly gone out of your way to attempt to show the author of this piece is a liar and does not have the knowledge necessary to set up a system, and just because the results don't fit into YOUR belief of what the results might be. Considering the background of the reviewer, I find this a bit difficult to swallow. Every piece that is reviewed by this site has the review link forwarded to the manufacturer that provided the review sample. If there are any feelings of performance inaccuracies, the manufacturers will contact us and we can double check any settings they feel are amiss.

As to the writing skills, I found only one small error of an omitted word in the first sentence of your example quote. I'm not sure where your perfect grammar is finding all these errors, but I found the thoughts to flow in a steady stream and sentence structure was fine.

I'm not really sure where you get off on some of your tangents, but it may be more beneficial to make contact with the author of the piece in the future if you have issues with a review, article or guide. You will find a link to their email address at the top of each page of the respective piece. Your future respect and consideration are appreciated.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

I hate to admit it, but .Kylie. does have a valid point regarding the writing technique used in the TT reviews. However, it should be noted that TT is not unique in this regard. Unfortunately, AMD
              :-(

Comment

Originally posted by elrado1
                AMD
                I only count two, and there both contractions (apostrophe missing).

Comment

not that it really matters but its the two contractions you're and don't like u said. the third one is that it should be perfectly, not perfect :cheers:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by .Kylie.
                      ...But I am keen to purchase this board and all reviews concerning it are quite important.
                      Let us know how it goes.
                      :-(

Comment

Well, I can't say Shawn writes well (becuase, he doesn't...)... but i can tell you this:

Shawn has been doing this for a lot longer than you have Kylie, and the scores he posts have been tripple, if not quadruple, checked.

If the score is way off track to you, it's highly possible that there was one or more underlying harware and/or software conflict,s resulting in these skewed results. But, rest assured that Shawn's postings are not false or altered in any way, shape or form.

Hope that helps... and by the way, it would be more effective if you stated your opinions nicely and actually EMAILED instead of relying on an public forum for good answers.

- J. Shapiro, TT Staff

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X