X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot problem W2000

Hello there,

I've got a strange problem. When I startup my PC at 1100 Mhz
    there is no problem. But when I set the speed to 1466 (XP1700)
    Then the systems starts up. But when windows is loaded, I mentions something about a problem with the explorer and reboots. Then I get a blue screen wit hthe following error:
    STOP: 0x0000001E (oxcooooo1D, 0x804b0de7, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    Address 804b0de7 Base at 80400000, Date stamp 3ad7ad60 - NTOSKRNL.EXE

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be or how I could solve it? Please say something else than re-install.
    BTW I am running W2000 PRO.

Thanx

Well I've never played with this board or os but let's see.
    Have you got the jumpers (especially those for selecting T'bird oe XP cpu's) in the correct positions?
    Also have you flashed the BIOS to the latest version?
    Is the HDD listed in M$'s hardware compatability list?
    Sorry but that's the best I can do but if I can draw Kheldar's notice to this I will. :smokin:

Comment

The answer is yes, yes and yes. I actually tried 2 HD's Seagate and IBM. But I am glad the experts think of the same possible problems as I do :D

As soon as I have my old HD back from IBM (I kind of killed it), I am going for XP on that drive. I didn't think about it untill now, but W2K isn't a very good gaming platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosferatu
        Hello there,

I've got a strange problem. When I startup my PC at 1100 Mhz
        there is no problem. But when I set the speed to 1466 (XP1700)
        Then the systems starts up. But when windows is loaded, I mentions something about a problem with the explorer and reboots. Then I get a blue screen wit hthe following error:
        STOP: 0x0000001E (oxcooooo1D, 0x804b0de7, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
        Address 804b0de7 Base at 80400000, Date stamp 3ad7ad60 - NTOSKRNL.EXE

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be or how I could solve it? Please say something else than re-install.
        BTW I am running W2000 PRO.

Thanx
        I also having the above problem... Sometime, after a while .... on 3D Gaming. It will hang and show blue screen then restart by itself. What is the real problem? Have you figure out ?????:bounce:

Comment

Okay I am not entirely familiar with Win2000 Pro but I think Windows 2000 Pro is more of a network OS and not really a gaming OS.

Looked up some info: www.win2kgames.com seems to be where you can find fixes for some of your games. Either that or you can try looking up on the game's websites.

Comment

Working...
          X