PDA

View Full Version : i have a big problem with my new mobo...

hansito
12-22-2003, 07:48 PM
:cry:
i bought the ai7 mobo with some khx, 9600 pro, and a antec
tru 430w
i have a p4 533 cpu
when i put it all together and turn it on it appears a screen that says a bit and stuff and i can prees delete to reach bios but if i dont prees anything i wont reach windowns and it brings me back 2 the bios again and again...
what can this be?

asklepios
12-22-2003, 08:11 PM
has your hard drive been detected? did you reinstall windows?

hansito
12-22-2003, 08:28 PM
well some times my hard drive is detected well now is det4ected everytime because i changed cables but i dont know how 2 reinstal windows...

asklepios
12-22-2003, 09:46 PM
well you have to reinstall windows. you have changed your mobo and under no circumstances can you use your old windows install.
reinstalling windows is quite easy. just put your WinXP CD in your CD-ROM drive and boot from it.
the rest is quite easy...

hansito
12-22-2003, 10:18 PM
i tried it and happens the same thing but it tell mes that the cpu is unworkable and tell me to check the cpu settings i went to bios put it all on default happened the same thing also im using my old hard drive and it had windows installed

hansito
12-22-2003, 11:22 PM
:knife:
comon ppl im desperate plz answer me

asklepios
12-23-2003, 12:19 AM
can't you boot of the Windows CD? your old hard drive did have windows installed but that is not going to work. you HAVE to install again.
if you can't boot of the CD then make a boot disk by going to bootdisk.com and boot from that but the only problem you seem to be having is that you have not reinstalled window.
you are talking something about CPU. please post the exact error.

hansito
12-23-2003, 12:55 AM
thx 4 replies
ill c what i can do

hansito
12-23-2003, 12:58 AM
boot of the cd???
well when i started the comp just moments ago i went to bios and
putted the windows cd on the disckdrive
and happenned the samething
sorry 4 my english
me from PR

hansito
12-23-2003, 12:59 AM
and also could it b the cpu???
how can i know it??

thx

hansito
12-23-2003, 02:43 AM
the error that appears is:
cpu is unworkable or has been changed check cpu soft menu

something like that

:(

thx

hansito
12-23-2003, 06:07 AM
ohh and the cpu temperatures are very high i think when im in bios and check temperatures they r like 42c

:(
that very bad?

asklepios
12-23-2003, 10:20 PM
i don't know about your particular hardware but a little bit of search has led me to this
Q - During the boot process my system stops and displays" CPU is unworkable or has been changed- check softmenu." What is wrong and what can I do to get rid of this error message?

A - You are over or under clocking your processor and you have “Speed Error Hold” enabled in your bios. With this setting in the bios enabled, the bios stops and warns you when it detects that the Soft Menu II settings do not match the factory settings for your CPU chip. To stop the error set Speed Error Hold to disable in the bios or reset your processor to the factory settings in SoftMenu II. now what that tells me is that there is something known as "CPU Soft Menu" in your BIOS. you have to go there. the mobo will redetect your CPU speed settings and will set it self to that. save the CMOS settings and exit. this procedure should solve that error. another thing is that did you check whether the CPU you are using is supported by the mobo?
running a CPU at 42 degree celcius is not at all "too" hot rather in my book i won't even call that hot as i consistently run on 46 - 47 degrees.

hansito
12-23-2003, 11:25 PM
i have been there (cpu soft menu) and i have changed all the ssetting 2 default and when i do that happens the samething
could it be that im having some memory issues i have khx 3000 or should i fix timings?
more voltage?
what should i do?
well i think that the ai7 supports a p4 2.4 533
ill check by putting this hardrive...

thx

hansito
12-23-2003, 11:27 PM
well happens the same thing as later not the cpu error

PrairieDawg
12-24-2003, 03:33 AM
Pardon me for muddying the waters as such but I'm still wondering if part of your problem is not with your old windows installation. Your words: "ill check by putting this hardrive..." makes me wonder if you are still trying to just swap hard drives between different systems without reinstalling windows. If windows is getting opened to the point of starting the old motherboard/cpu settings then you would start seeing major errors. Have you actually tryed inserting the windows disk and restarting the computer with the disk in the drive or have you just inserted the disk while in the process of booting up the system? You may also want to check your bios setting to see that "boot from cd" is enabled.

amd_man2005
12-24-2003, 03:37 AM
Clearing CMOS may get rid of that CPU unworkable error, also check all the jumpers

hansito
12-24-2003, 05:29 AM
ys i did it i reached windows intalation but i lost my product key guess ill have 2 buy another windows :(

asklepios
12-24-2003, 01:39 PM
imo you have done enough for the time being. you should now call your local tech person and let him/her handle the thing. you never know what an expert sitting in front of your PC can do for you :)

hansito
12-27-2003, 12:44 PM
can he tell me my product key????

thx