SETI Driver now has 'Idle' setting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SETI Driver now has 'Idle' setting.

I recently DL'd a fresh copy of SETI Driver (They have a new site too.) rather than just copy it from machine to machine and discovered that they now have a fourth 'Idle' setting. Some of you may have noticed already, but this was a surprise to me.

Upgrading to the new version was seamless. Extracting the new version over the old one gave me all of the settings of the previous one, with the exception of the Priority setting going from Low to Idle. I can't say I notice much of a difference. This setting may be best for machines that others use and are willing to contribute to the cause. :)

Sorry, no screeny atm. I'm at work.
    :-(

i got your back elrado1 ;)
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
      i got your back elrado1 ;)
      Thanks Andy, I forgot all about doing a follow-up screeny. I was busy getting a machine back on line, yesterday. ;)

Comment

Hmm, mine isnt white, but i guess it depends on the theme :D
        Nice find elrado, I always copy cli and driver form one system to another :D

Comment

wow i think im going to have d/l that seti program....much more options then the standard seti program on the seti@home site.... :lol:

Comment

if you're talking about the GUI client, than getting SETI driver is worth it.
            It speeds up the WU crunch times compared to the GUI version.
            http://sirwarrior.kicks-ass.org/seti/seti.html
            here is how-to on setting up a SETI Driver with CLI client

Comment

I thought SETI Driver always had an Idle setting, just never worked really well

At least I thought it did many moons ago when I crunched SETI

Comment

Per the SETI Driver Change History page, the Idle setting came in with SETI Driver v1.6.4.1. Unfortunately, the date of that revision isn't provided. I believe it was added some time between Oct. 2003 and Dec. 2003.

Comment

Working...
                X