Best Mobo for Intel P4 2.66 800 FSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Mobo for Intel P4 2.66 800 FSB

Hello guys! i thingking of buying new mobo, for an Intel P4 2.66 800FSB, but i dont know which one to get.

Whats the latest Mobo from ASUS? ist the P4C800 Deluxe? if it is then compare that to ABIT IC7 Max 3, which you reckon is better?

Many thanks!

Theres no 2.66 800fsb, theres a 2.6 though ;).
    Anyway, I have the IC7-G from Abit, and love it and its very good looking to the eye, But if your out for only performance, get the P4c800

Comment

If you will be overclocking don't bother with the Abit 875 boards, they have been too much of a hit and miss (especially the MAX3). Some people have had great results, but more people have had problems.

However the Abit AI7 rocks (865PE chipset). It can enable full PAT up to 250fsb so it will be no different than a Canterwood up to that point.

Has all the options and voltages you will need.

The difference between PAT and no PAT is ~500 3DMarks (01).

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
        Theres no 2.66 800fsb, theres a 2.6 though ;).
        Oh im sorry! that bloody website giving me wrong info! they said 2.66. well anyway thanx. But ASUS P4C800 have e-deluxe version, is that better than the PC4800?

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
          If you will be overclocking don't bother with the Abit 875 boards, they have been too much of a hit and miss (especially the MAX3). Some people have had great results, but more people have had problems.

However the Abit AI7 rocks (865PE chipset). It can enable full PAT up to 250fsb so it will be no different than a Canterwood up to that point.

Has all the options and voltages you will need.

The difference between PAT and no PAT is ~500 3DMarks (01).
          So are you saying that ABIT IC7 Max 3 is no good, for overclocking?

Comment

Pretty much.

Comment

Go for the P4C800-E Deluxe as it addresses all of the shortcomings of the P4C800 Deluxe.

Also don't listen to that guy about the 2.66Ghz processor. At least you know how to research and read.

Comment

Originally posted by harryhobbes
                Go for the P4C800-E Deluxe as it addresses all of the shortcomings of the P4C800 Deluxe.

Also don't listen to that guy about the 2.66Ghz processor. At least you know how to research and read.

http://www.thediscshop.com.au/list.cgi?page=cpu
                The Disk Shop got it wrong as well. :rofl:

Try dividin' 2660MHz by 200 and see if ya get a multipler that's a full digit. ;)

800QDR/200MHz FSB CPU's only come in 2.4, 2.6, 2.8, 3.0 and 3.2GHz ranges and if ya think about it hard enough ya'll realise why.

Comment

Jesus people....you must have ACED your math exams....:rolleyes2

Comment

:laugh: Wiggo you crack me up! It's true though, I havn't used a Calculator this much since high school

Comment

Working...
                    X