geforce 3 ti500 ...should I upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geforce 3 ti500 ...should I upgrade?

I have a geforce 3 ti500 card and am considering upgrading to a Radeon 9800 xt. Is this a wise upgrade?

One of the best upgrades possible. ;)

Comment

Great card. However if your asking whether or not you NEED to upgrade, I would say no. Your card wont play games at max graphics, but it should still play all the new games coming out.

My card still playes games, I actully just found my first unplayable game, X2 - The Threat. I have yet to play with setting though so I may still get it.

Im holding out to do an A64/PCI-X/DDR-II upgrade soon.

Comment

Originally posted by nvid
        I have a geforce 3 ti500 card and am considering upgrading to a Radeon 9800 xt. Is this a wise upgrade?
        A lot will also depend on ya current hardware setup so it would be a good idea to let us know what it is. ;)

Comment

Ok, I have a 2.54Ghz P4 with 512 mb ram and Windows XP. I like to periodically upgrade my video card (usually whatever is tops) and use it for awhile. So I am looking to get as much bang for my buck as possible.

Comment

Well ya should be ok with that then.

Comment

Judging by those specs, you'll be very happy, though you may want to wait a couple of months for the new PCI Express cards to become available. They'll be faster, though you'll need to upgrade your motherboard for them. Of course, that will also lower the prices of current cards, so I'd say you should wait a couple of months.

Comment

By which stage something bigger and better will have come out.. :) That's the problem. Waiting for price drops is just silly, because while you wait technology just shoots forward more, so by the time you get today's top notch card tomorrow, it's already on the downward spiral.

I see people saying 'Just wait for PCI Express'. As no-one really know how well this will perform, or when it's going to be common, is there much point?

Comment

I've heard that the diff between AGP 8x and AGP 4x is not noticeable, will it be the same with PCI express.
                  Sandy Bridge Pentium G840
                  Asus socket 1155
                  Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR31866
                  PNY geforce 9600gt PCI-E 512Mb
                  HP w1907 widescreen LCD
                  Creative sound blaster X-Fi Titanium
                  Corsair Performance Pro 256GB SSD
                  1TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD

Comment

Get the 9800 if you can.

Doom III is coming out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                      I see people saying 'Just wait for PCI Express'. As no-one really know how well this will perform, or when it's going to be common, is there much point?
                      So if its not as good, we by an older card for cheaper. Or even then, its still the top of the line card, whether its substantially better, or not.

Im waiting for the single reason of waiting...

HAHA, yea right, Im broke, so thats my excuse for keeping a GF2 :cry:

Comment

I'm just waiting cause I'm on a budget and I dont want to build a whole new comp and then replace the mobo a year later when I wanna upgrade my video card. I'm not making the mistake of just getting a comp, like I did with this Williamette when I could of gotten a P4 Northwood 2 months later. Waiting is sometimes good, especially if its for new tech. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

If waiting is good your gonna be waiting your whole life. New tech is always coming out, thats just part of the PC industry and what has made it boom so much in the last few years. Technology is expanding and going further, quicker, and is bound to only speed up, making these 'waiting' games pointless. Also, when you wait, your going to be paying top dollar for brand new stuff, that could have glitches, and may not be all its hyped up to be.

Comment

Well I upgraded from a Ti-500 to a FX5900 and was very happy. The 9800xt is a great card, but I'm not sure if I would say that you are getting the most bang for your buck. It would say that it the most buck for the bang.

Comment

Working...
                            X