Overclocking what...with what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking what...with what?

OKay Okay...I am pretty new at overclocking...no no, I am really new at overclocking, lol...
    I will tell you what I got...if somebody can tell me where I should go from there, that would be great...and can ya make sure you break it down barney style for me..haha...

Intel 845PE
    P4 3.06GHZ W/HT 533FSB CPU
    S/I 1GB 266MHZ DDR NON-ECC
    2- HDD 120GB 7.2K ATA100
    Triple Boot OS
    Alrighty if you need more info to help me I will gladly find it...
    But thanks in advance!!

If that mobo is as ya state and is a made by Intel one then forget overclockin' as the BIOS doesn't have the settin's that's required.

Comment

I don't get why I can't...the intel system technology outdated or something...I mean I figured you would be able to do this with any computer...not that I need it or anything, but ya know it always helps..
      thanks again

Comment

Intel doesn't like overclockers so they don't include overclockin' options in the BIOS's of their mobo's as they like to keep their dependability/reliability reputation intack but Tier 1 Manufacturers (Abit, ASUS, EPoX, Gigabyte and MSI) that use Intel chipsets do include overclockin' options in most of their's.

Comment

Isn't that just the chipset?

Intel motherboards aren't that good for overclocking as that's the way Intel wanted it to be. The do make good, solid working boards, because they don't let people tamper much.

Comment

alrighty thanks for helping me out m8s...where would I find info about my BIOS and overclocking in BIOS??
            thanks

Comment

There are no BIOS overclocking options on Intel Motherboards, sorry mate. However, you can check out this utility Intel just released that lets you do some system tweaking from Windows, not sure if you can overclock with it, but hey, give it a try, and see what you can do with it.

Comment

That software can only increase 4%, just like the bios, so there is no point. Might as well tweak it to you bios if you can.
                CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                SC: Audigy 2 zs
                LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

That software only works with D865PERL & D875PBZ Intel boards. :rolleyes2

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                    That software only works with D865PERL & D875PBZ Intel boards. :rolleyes2
                    See what happens when an AMD fanboy tried to give advice to intel users

Comment

It's the thought that counts...

Comment

If you are going to be overclocking, don't get a 3Ghz processor, this would defeat the whole purpose.

Get something low end like the 2.4, clock it up, and get your highest "bang for the buck".

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
                          If you are going to be overclocking, don't get a 3Ghz processor, this would defeat the whole purpose.

Get something low end like the 2.4, clock it up, and get your highest "bang for the buck".
                          That's the hardware that he already has.

Comment

On the plus side those intel boards are probably the fastest and most reliable straight outta the box

Comment

but Tier 1 Manufacturers (Abit, ASUS, EPoX, Gigabyte and MSI) that use Intel chipsets do include overclockin' options in most of their's.
                              correction tier one MOBOs are GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY ,ASUS,ECS,MSI NITHER EPOX NOR ABIT ARE INCLUDED!!

On the plus side those intel boards are probably the fastest and most reliable straight outta the box
                              acctually GIGAbyte MOBOs are much better than Intel's one
                              they have more feature and properities
                              intel is just a crap ,all they can is INtel BY intel and peopel think that they are better ..!!

Comment

Working...
                              X