Bsod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bsod

On my old PC, I tried to install a LiteOn DVD player and I get the blue screen at start up.

An exception OE has occurred at 0028:04AO8FCD in VxD---. This was called from 0028:C1831F98 in VxD scsi.1hlp(03)+00000508.

Seeing as I have no Idea what it means, I was looking for a little help. My first thought was that it was looking for some SCSI device, but I don't have any in my system. Currently have an HP9700 series CDRW installed and I don't get that error. It happens EVERY time I try to install the LitOn. I have seen that error (or similar one) a bunch of times before, but usually goes away after reboot. I removed the HP when I tried to install the LitOn. Not exactly sure what caused it in the past, but with the DVD player it doesn't go away. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Compaq m/b
    athlon classic 600Mhz
    192 sdram
    gf2 pro
    sb live value
    Hp 9700 series cdrw 16x10x32
    15G WD HD
    realtek 10/100 NIC
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

What os are ya using on this? :?:

Comment

Oops forgot about that ;) - Win98SE

Comment

I'm not sayin' that this is a definate fix but I had this trouble a lot in 98 when it first came out and it's something that I do by habit now when doin' any 9x install so just have a read of this as this is a major cause of .vxd errors. http://www.pcscoop.com/software/oses/WINfiles/index.asp :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thanks Wiggo!

By that article I am missing about 6 different files in a total of about 30 different locations! Including the one in the example!

When will the madness end?! Well at least I have some place to start and I certainly have my work cut out for me. I will hope it helps.

Thx again.
          JM

Comment

Ha! That madness has been around since Win95 all the way to WinMEss and the only reason that ppl can come up with for M$ not fixin' it is the money they and others can make out of it.
            But as I said before it may not be the total prob but it will certainly help stabilize the system though. :smokin:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem. It only took a couple of minutes to get those files installed. It did make an immediately noticeable difference. Start up time is about the same, but shut down is FAST. It normally took about 2-3 minutes from the time I hit shutdown from the Start Menu until it powered off. It was not unusual for it to hang on shutdown. Now shut down is around 10 second to power down. That is very cool. I am sure that I am still loading crap at start up that I don't need on my Compaq. Will see how it changes things on my other one when I get my MB back from RMA.

If you come up with any other suggestions, I am listening. Another note to add to the problem: the DVD player that came with the system gives me the same error. I am gonna try my LiteOne cdrw and see if it works error free, since my HP cdrw works fine. Still fishing for help in the mean time.

Big thanx, Wiggo!

JM

Comment

Working...
              X