Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Choose???

Hi guys...just a quick question...

Im thinking of getting a Geforce 3 Ti500 since the prices are looking sweet...then I saw a 3dGameman Video for the ATI 8500 Video card...it looks sweet but...I feel like I will betray Nvidia...most likely I will go Nvidia for thier great Driver service...but I just want to know your opinions...thanks alot guys...peace

FiReBLaZR
    Nvidia Geforce 3 Ti500 w/ Dual Monitor Setup ($250 - USD)
    0%
    ATI Radeon 8500 128Mb DDR w/ Dual Monitor Setup ($250 - USD)
    0%

Personally, I'd go Nvidia, but that's just me. Is there any other features on the cards that you are looking at that might influence people's decisions?

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
      Personally, I'd go Nvidia, but that's just me. Is there any other features on the cards that you are looking at that might influence people's decisions?
      I just want a really fast one with a Dual Monitor Setup...and do all retail Nvidia Geforce 3 Ti500 cards come with that...Dual Monitor ready...????

Thanks....fireblazr

Comment

i know that some of the GF3 Ti500's have an analog and digital output but I havn't heard of them being "Dual Monitor" as that was only with GF2 MX's and GF4's so if you have a link for this this can you pls post it. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
          i know that some of the GF3 Ti500's have an analog and digital output but I havn't heard of them being "Dual Monitor" as that was only with GF2 MX's and GF4's so if you have a link for this this can you pls post it. :smokin:
          Thats what i meant...sorry bout that...with Digital/analog outputs...both of them...and if all retailed GF3TI500 come like that...thanks again

FiReBLaZR

Comment

Yeah but you can only use 1 output at a time with those that I've ever heard. :smokin:

Comment

I could be wrong, but i've heard that there's a few special cards that don't have both connector types.. but they seem to be very rare.. so don't worry about what i'm rambling about. :D

What I was talking about with the extra features was things like TV out, perhaps a Video In connection.. things like that...

Comment

I hope that this OP Rum that I'm havin' for ya clears ya head then. :D

Comment

... i oughta slap you for that..

Comment

Ok, no need to get like that, I'll go and have 2 for ya then. ;)

Comment

Always been a fan of the GeForce line, thus why I voted for the GeForce option.
                      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                      Managing Director
                      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I think the ATI cards have better 2D image quality than NVidia's cards personally. Although that might be because until now ATI has been the only producer of ATI chipset cards. Who knows what changes will be made to the ATI OEM cards that other vendors will be making.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDD
                          I think the ATI cards have better 2D image quality than NVidia's cards personally. Although that might be because until now ATI has been the only producer of ATI chipset cards. Who knows what changes will be made to the ATI OEM cards that other vendors will be making.
                          that's very true - I've set up a couple of boxes with Aticards by Powercolor & the 2D was crap

I'm very happy with my Radeon8500 - Ati Retail :D
                          the early drivers left a lot to be desired but the later ones have made some drastic improvements

Comment

Honestly, Dual monitor is not all its cracked up to be. I have set 3 friends up with dual monitor set-ups, (btw, matrox has the best card... it kicks the **** out of the radeon VE in every aspect, their two latest cards 16 meg DDR and 32 meg DDR I would suggest to you) I was amazed at the lack of quality in the ATI.

Two of my friends who have it are considering getting rid of the setup in favor of just getting another computer for their extra monitor. The only friend who plans on keeping his dual monitor setup is studying in college to be a journalist, and he very often is comparing documents, or at least reading from one and typing from the other... So his dual matching 19's work perfect.

If you plan on playing any new games, dual monitor will be a CONSTANT pain in your ass.

Comment

I agree....
                              Dual monitor is kind of like RAID 0, it's fun to mess around with...but it really doesn't do much for the average user.

it is good for software demos for small groups - if you don't have an LCD projector.
                              Or for some CAD apps, you can have your pallette on one monitor and you model on a another

Comment

Working...
                              X