intresting story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intresting story

I was reading up on a story, a guy got a processor made, something like a 3 gig processor of some sort right, cost him alot of money i can asure you...

What he did just to see, he over clocked this 3 giger to a 4.2 gig before it **** it self basicly, he done this to see what he could do with it and basicly and broke it, lot of money down the drain there....

He said well i proved my point he said, that he could over clock it to another gig, and this was in like a very cold room air cons etc... he had 3 heat sinks and a fan on it befor it blew....

He said he is going to get another one made but he won't be breaking it this time....i hope. :devil:

Sorry but I find this very hard to believe. Next you will tell me Inamdtel made the processor for him... :rolleyes:
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

And the motherboard was from Abusoypox? :D Inamdtel.. hehehe...

Comment

Well they were going to retool the factory someday anyway:laugh:

Couldn't have cost more than 1/2 billion $'s or so?

Check around the cushions of that sofa Beefy, I want one of those 3 Giggers too!
        Heck - I'll just get 2 and sell one on eBay.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

... ... ... ... uh huh ... ... ... ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
            Well they were going to retool the factory someday anyway:laugh:

Couldn't have cost more than 1/2 billion $'s or so?

Check around the cushions of that sofa Beefy, I want one of those 3 Giggers too!
            Heck - I'll just get 2 and sell one on eBay.
            I heard Inamdtel are releasing a 12.3GHz processor in 3 weeks, check around for one of those Beefy! :)
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Microsoft also anounced today that they were going to release a version of windows for Mac's that's not an emulation.

Comment

A buddy of mine got me a copy of that, it is sweeet! ;)
                Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Originally posted by Bustout
                  Microsoft also anounced today that they were going to release a version of windows for Mac's that's not an emulation.
                  macdows :confused:

Comment

Wow, maybe now Mac will become worth owning...?

haha..

Comment

Did you hear about Nividia and ATI merging!:D

Ok I'm a jokin. But seriously, it is possible to get a 3 gig processor. A couple of months ago my friends dad was telling me about a new processor that he got in to their labs to test out. He works for the federal government. Anyway he said they were having trouble keeping the thing from frying itself becuase it put off so much heat.

I don't beleive someone had a 3 gig processor MADE for himself though. It would cost as much as a high end server right now plus who in the world can use a 3 gig procesor overclocked? Kinda overkill if you ask me.

By the way the new via kt400 boards are already being sold too! :D :D

: peace2:

Comment

Just out of interest, Did this thread get posted originally on April the 1st?

Or did no-one else pick up on that? Heh heh....

Comment

03-14-2002 09:26 PM
                          Managing Director
                          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

lol it's actuallly quite easy to get a northwood O/c to 3ghz....especially with watercooling....lol dun smack down macs so much...i have one since 1998 and the poor lil thing still stumbles on...just....in fact rite now i'm posting on it while my beast is looping 3dmark....hmmm hope it hasn;t crashed yet....i mite have set my ti4600 a LITTLE faster than it can handle...oh well.....btw please excuse my bad typing...it's quite hard typin on a laptop style imac keyboard:afro:

Comment

The real scary thing is that Intel has (in their engineer's labs) CPU cores running at 10GHz currently!!! :eek:

Of course, it'll be a few years before we see them in mass production, and not to mention the optical microprocessor research - boy will that be sweet if a chip maker pulls that off :)
                              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
                              X