Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antec 350W PSU

Hi,

I like to know if your Antec 350W PSU doesn't supply enough power to the PC peripericals, will the PSU work harder. I find it noisey after upgrading to the FX video card and P4 CPU.

Here are my specs:
    1. Gigabyte 8IPE1000 Pro mobo
    2. P4 3C ghz CPU
    3. 2 x 256 PC3200 RAM
    4. 2 x HDs
    5. CD-RW
    6. Fan and light controller
    7. 5900XT video card.
    8. 2 x 80mm fan
    9. NIC

Any recommendations of a good and QUIET PSU?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Johnny.

You probably should be using at least an Antec 430W PSU on that setup

Comment

Many modern psu's adjust their fan speed after it's working temp. The hotter the psu get the noisier it get..

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
        Many modern psu's adjust their fan speed after it's working temp. The hotter the psu get the noisier it get..
        Also the hotter the PSU the harder its working

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys.

I'm look at the Antec 480W PSU, but looking at the reviews, they say it's quite noisey.

Are there any other brands you would recommend? I've seen the Vantec and Zalman PSUs, but they only seem to offer 400W PSUs.

Comment

a 350 watt psu for that setup is fine, after all i've got a 300 watt enermax running: p4p800deluxe
            p4 2.8 @ 3.2
            gf4 ti4200
            2x 256 xms3500
            3x WD hard drives
            cd burner
            3x 12cm fans
            1x 8cm fan

but as amd_man_2003 has said, a higher wattage, quality psu would better suite that system.
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Since you seem to like the Antec brand (with good reason, they're good quality) have you considered one of their 380W Truepower series? They're rated as quiet on Silent PC Review and also the TrueControl, but it's 550W and a fair amount more expensive. Modding your present PSU with quieter fans may be an option as well. :cheers:

Comment

Working...
              X