Html Questions!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Html Questions!!

hey guys...im messing around with my site...and i would like to know how to make my date/time to update automatically than me doing it everyday...is it a java code or what...let me know guys and i have a few more questions...ill ask them soon...take care again...peace

FiReBLazR

I'd be interested in that one myself. ;)

Comment

Yup, you can do that.
      Definitely make your webmaster tasks easier to use a script.
      There are lots of scripts available from java, html, and webmastering type sites. You just need to be careful that all browsers don't treat scripting exactly the same, but it shouldn't be hard to find something that the majority of surfers will find useful.
      For the most part these scripts will happen on the user end, and display the date and time on their system.

here's a link to one such script;

But there are many many more out there that are posted for you to use.
      With a bit of javascripting knowledge it isn't too difficult to tweak styles and colors and such.
      My javascript skills are rudimentary at best though.
      But copy and paste - I can handle that:laugh:
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Thanx for that MR.C I give it a go when I'm bored again and decide to update my site again. :thumb:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Have fun with it Wiggo:thumb:
          As I said, there are lots to choose from. Do a search on google for "date script" or "clock script".
          Paste several on a blank HTML page, and see what you like best.
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I'll do that. ;)

Comment

Thanks Mr.c....that helped my ass off....check out the site now

Professional live streaming for marketers. Create, record and stream high-quality live video without being an expert.

if its not working...its geocities fault

take care

Thanks

FiReBLaZR

Comment

That will make your webmaster task just a bit easier.
                Works out well for me too, as you were a day ahead of me before:D
                Thank you!

Comment

Lookin' good there. :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                    Lookin' good there. :thumb:
                    thanks wiggo and mr.c....im interested in PHP but it looks really hard....what exactly is php...what are its benefits???

Comment

All the info here http://www.php.net/ with the answer on the top left. ;)
                      Got bored quick and done mine to. ;) \/

Comment

I don't know much about PHP (shame, because I use it everyday).
                        But as I understand it, it is for creation of dynamic web pages. Like this forum for instance.
                        Data gets imported by PHP to an HTML page - like when you post, your stats, sig, website, etc. get imported to the HTML through the PHP functions.
                        Pretty darn cool!!
                        There was recently a thread here on the topic.

Be advised, I don't believe your GeoCities account is PHP enabled - though I'm no expert on that.

Comment

PHP roxors your soxors!

Basically, it's a server-side processing language (which means that users don't need to install anything) that dynamically creates HTML for sites.

edit -} my sig is PHP :)

Comment

try this:

I wrote it up in notepad and did screen shot

Comment

Working...
                            X