New LG CD Burner with Mt. Rainer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LG CD Burner with Mt. Rainer??

OK, I just bought a brand new LG brand CD Burner 52x32x52 and it says it is Mt. Rainer compatible! How do I use this new type of storage system? Do I need special software, or will it format the disk on it's own?
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER!???
    Here are my specs:
    System Specs: ATX generic case with Antec 550 watt power supply. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Western Digital 7,200 RPM 40 gig IDE Hard Drive.(NTFS- file system) AMD Athlon XP 2600 processor.(standard fan and heatsink-Thoroughbred Core-standard speed-NO OVERCLOCK) 1 gig of Samsung DDRAM(PC 2700- 333 mhz....2-512mb sticks running in dual channel mode).Ati Radeon 8x 9600 XT (8x is enabled on motherboard). Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card. Motorola sb 5100 cable modem (Insight Communications-Cable Connection) BenQ 16x DVD- RECORDER.(records -R/-RW or +R/+RW and CD-R formats) LG 52x32x52 CD Burner. Zip 100 internal drive and a generic 3.5 floppy drive. Windows XP Professional Operating System. I also have a HP Deskjet 3520 inkjet printer and a KDS X Flat 17 inch CRT monitor.

Comment

There is absolutely no reason to SHOUT!

Now why didn't just Google? :confused:
      If ya did ya would've wound up with all these links. ;)
      Though this looks to be the best one, http://www.plextor.com/english/news/Mt.%20Rainier.html :rolleyes:

Comment

alright, I just skimmed it, but how is this any different from our current Drag 'n Drop burning technology now?
        'easier to use'? they're pretty damned easy right now
        'increase compatability'? never had a CD-RW fail to read on another drive
        'increase performance'? what, they're going to shave 5 seconds off my 3-5 minute burn time?

and it takes 20 minutes to format (altho its done 'transparently, behind the scenes'? I'd notice if my 3-5min disc took 20mins to be prepared), and takes 120mb + 50mb (or more)?

sounds like I'd much rather continue to use my standard burning software... after all, if MS does to burning what it did to OS's, we'd be left with nothing but coasters
        386 DX40, 4mb 80ns EDO RAM, .5mb Trident VGA, 120mb 2200rpm JTS HDD, SoundBlaster ISA, Zoltrix 2400bps modem, 2x Creative CDROM (tray loading), Panasonic 3.5" FDD/5.25" FDD, Samsung 14" UVGA Monitor
        -----

/Z

Comment

If I understand it correctly from that article, this is designed to make CD-RW's act much like very large floppy disks. So you would be able to add or delete files without having to blank the whole disk, etc. :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
            There is absolutely no reason to SHOUT!

Now why didn't just Google? :confused:
            If ya did ya would've wound up with all these links. ;)
            Though this looks to be the best one, http://www.plextor.com/english/news/Mt.%20Rainier.html :rolleyes:

I didn't mean to shout, but it does get me pissed when no one answers my post! That aside, thanks for the links!
            Here are my specs:

Comment

Originally posted by theyneverknew
              If I understand it correctly from that article, this is designed to make CD-RW's act much like very large floppy disks. So you would be able to add or delete files without having to blank the whole disk, etc. :cheers:

Bingo! That is the reason for Mt.Rainer!
              Here are my specs:

Comment

Originally posted by webe3
                I didn't mean to shout, but it does get me pissed when no one answers my post! That aside, thanks for the links!
                Well some questions are simply answered by a search and on some occasions you do need to give it a little time for responses instead of blowing up after a day.
                :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by webe3
                  This may also be a good time to point out that all information given here is strictly voluntary. No one is under any obligation to answer your posts; we are not getting paid to do this. Shouting and getting pissed is not going to get you quality responces.

Comment

Working...
                  X