Can Macrovision be disabled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Macrovision be disabled?

I'm pretty sure its impossible to buy a new home DVD player\recorder in the US that does not have macrovision but I'm wondering if there is some type of guide to disable it?

Also do all newer VHS recorders also have macrovision and if not what brands?

:?: Whats Macrovision?

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
      :?: Whats Macrovision?

Heres a quick explaination of Macrovision on this link. http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/macrovision.cfm

From my understanding, all home DVD players in North America unfortunatly have this handicap built into them and more and more VHS players\recorders also have it, maybe all of them I'm not sure.

I use to have a couple of older RCA VHS recorders that didn't have it and I was able to backup my DVD movies onto a VHS tape with them but both of these machines have seen their better days and are now scrap.

Anyway, I would like to be able to backup my DVD movies onto VHS again and was wondering if anyone knew of a moderen VHS recorder that could do it.

Comment

Considering its a form of copy-protection, thats illegal to try and bypass, and this thread will probably end up being locked

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
          Considering its a form of copy-protection, thats illegal to try and bypass, and this thread will probably end up being locked
          Hopefully not since I am tring to backup stuff I already own and I want to back up material to be viewed on a VHS versus a DVD player.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongebob
            Hopefully not since I am tring to backup stuff I already own and I want to back up material to be viewed on a VHS versus a DVD player.
            Yeah I know its for personal backup purposes, but trying to bypass copy protection for any reason is illegal as far as I know

Comment

Working...
            X