Abit NF7-S problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abit NF7-S problem

I've just built mt flatmates PC and when it boots it gets stuck when it tries to verify the DMI data pool. I've tried loading the bios defaults, edited the bios so all the potential onboard devices are disabled etc. It did boot first time but I reset the machine when it was on the disclaimer bit for winxp (for some reason it couldn't work out what F8 was on the keyboard so I got another but it needed a re-boot). Now it gets stuck at either verifying and a success or it just stays at the verifying.... text.

Short of me removing everything and replaicing one by one (Not somthing im looking forward to with this Thermaltake XaserIII which is probably the nastiest case ever and has removed vast quantities of skin from my hands already lol) and doing a bios flash Anyone got any ideas? I built another machine last week with the same mobo and processor (2500 barton), GFX card (9600XT), PSU, Soundcard, NIC etc without any problems.

Thanks

You havn't used a hard drive that's already had XP installed on it from a previous system have ya? :?:

Comment

No, its all brand new out of the box. The HDD is a Maxtor IDE ATA133 7200RPM 80GB 8mb cache.

Comment

Working...
      X