Your Favorite P2P Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite P2P Software

First off I am not asking this question in any piracy related manner as we all know P2P apps have plenty of legitimate legal uses as well. The question that I am in search of an answer for is "What is your favorite P2P app and why?". The market is absolutely flooded with these applications right now and I, as well as many others I'm sure, would like to take a gander at what all is out there. Please keep your "why" free of any piracy related contant as that is policy here at TweakTown. Thx!!! :thumb:

i like guys who keep a thread politically correct ;)
    anyways, coming back to topic. i like mldonkey and this is why
    Currently, with eDonkey , it supports several large networks, such as Overnet , Bittorrent , Gnutella (Bearshare, Limewire,etc), Gnutella2 (Shareaza), Fasttrack (Kazaa, Imesh, Grobster), Soulseek (beta), Direct-Connect (alpha), and Opennap (alpha).
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

don't use p2p much, except BitTorrent (Azureus Client), but you can get a few suggestions in the beginning of [this thread]

Comment

Direct Connect ;)

I'm browsing a hub with 155 Tb data atm, that's 155.000 Gb :D

Comment

i use DC++ myself...thousands of users...

www.dcplusplus.com

Comment

I can never seem to find any good hubs or if I do it's always queued.

Comment

I don't use one.

Comment

How does BitTorrent work. I've been hearing alot about it lately?

Comment

Originally posted by AMD2NR
                  How does BitTorrent work. I've been hearing alot about it lately?

Comment

I prefer KaZaA Lite K++ and Shareaza

Comment

Originally posted by AMD2NR
                      Please keep your "why" free of any piracy related contant as that is policy here at TweakTown. Thx!!! :thumb:
                      Kazaa Lite K++ is illegal, just FYI.:thumb: It is good, though. (how would I know that? :o )

Comment

Kazaa isn't illegal, it's the content that people download thats illegal. Go Kazaa! Australian made. :thumb:

Comment

:rolleyes2
                          Kazaa Lite K++ and Kazaa are not the same thing.
                          In case anyone wonders what happened to kpp:

Comment

Isn't Kazaa Lite a version of Kazaa without the spyware?

Sorry to go off topic.

Comment

Admins are probably going to yell at me but...

Kazaa Lite (last time I checked) was a legal version of Kazaa you can pay for, that doesn't come with the adware and spyware Kazaa does. Kazaa Lite K++, however, was different. It allowed you to not share files, and have 1000 participation constantly. It had no spyware, and it had many other features that made it a drastic improvement of Kazaa Media Desktop. It was also an illegal, "hacked" (for lack of a better word) version and the sites distributing it were forced to stop (and some were shut down entirely). That said, we aren't supposed to talk about it on TweakTown.:no:

Comment

Working...
                              X