Wanting a replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting a replacement

Right now I am running a gigabyte ga7n400 pro2 with a athlon 2500 ocd to 2.2 ghz. I am looking to replace this board with somethng that is more overclocker friendly. Was hoping you guys could lead me in the right direction. Only 2 main requirements.

1) That is a nforce chipset.
    2) That is has Sata on the board.

Any help would be appreciated.

The DFI NFII ULTRA-AL w/nForce2 Ultra 400 ChipsetHere

Or the NFII ULTRA INFINITY Here
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

I've always been farther found of EPoX boards and the 8RDA3+ should do ya well. The Abit NF7-S ver. 2.0 and ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe should be a consideration as well.

Comment

Ok just got home and after much depate I have overnighted me the epox board from newegg. Thaks for the suggestions guys. Can't wait till tommorrow so I can get it in and running.:cheers: :cheers: Also looking at pc 3500 ram any suggestions?? Right now looking at either 2 256 meg sticks of kreton blitz extreme speed or 2 256 sticks of kingston hyperx. Are the epox boards very picky about memory or not Wiggo?? While I am at it I am going to pick up a new processor also. Know anywhere I can get an unlocked 2500??

Comment

They've never been picky in my hands but then my own have XMS3500 in them though I've also used Kingmax and Nanya in others. I havn't heard of the Kreton brand b4 but the HyperX should be fine to use.

I can't help ya with the unlocked XP2500+ though. :shrug:

Comment

Basically for an unlocked cpu, you have to go to a store and check for yourself, the markings can be seen through the package. Getting one online will be a crapshoot.
            athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
            tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
            asus a7n8xe-dlx
            thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
            bfg 6800gt
            seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
            samsung dvdrw
            2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
            logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
            2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
            creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
            mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
            DFI infinity nf4 ultra
            thermaltake tsunami dream -black
            seagate sataII 500gb
            evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
            samsung sata dvd-rw
            2x1024 ocz black
            logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
            ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

Ok I am having trouble desiding on 2 different kinds of memory by the same company one is ocz 3500 el series and the other is ocz 3500 performance series. The el is what I am thinking about going with but was wondering if the performance with the extended voltage would be a better choice??? Also thinking abour going with the mobile athlon 2500 anyone had any luck with those:thumb: :thumbs do

Comment

That quote from their website. I would go with this memory right here if you want to go with OCZ.

But about the mobile athlon xp... I dont know why you would do that. The mobile processors are meant to be "mobile" and are used in a mobile notebook... They consume less power that a regular desktop proc.:cheers:

EDIT:bad link

Comment

Well first off the reason I am wanting the ocz 3500 is for a better overclock and off course they are going to say it is optimized for intel since the chipsets being made for amd only go to 400 mhz. Just cause the 3200 is optimized for amd systems doesn't mean it will not work in an intel mb. You figure it out would you get a more stable over clock out of pc3200 oc'd to 217 or pc3500 running at it native speed?? The reason that I am choosing the mobile athlon 2500 is cause of the processor not being locked and the higher die temp rating. Athlon mobile die temp iss 100 and the desktop is 85. Have seen people push these to 2.5 ghz plus. The reason they consume less power is becasue the majority of the mainstream ones are 1.45 volt vcore instead of the 1.65v.

Comment

Working...
                  X