Coolbits going wacko?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolbits going wacko?

Well, I installed the coolbit.reg file to enable overclocking of a Abit Siluro t400 (gf2 mx 400). The max. it will let me go for the core clock is 250mhz...which is fine since the normal range is 200mhz....but the memory however is will only go upto 100mhz which is under normal specs. 166mhz is normal for the memory anyway.

I tried different Det drivers and added the coolbits reg file again with the same results.

Am I missing something here?

And to mention they do rest themself after I apply O/C'ed settings to the core.

I hit apply to save the current setting and I go back and it enabled but the slider is all the way to the left..

Note: I tried downloading from different servers to insure I didn't get a bad copy or currupted download.

You maybe missing the fact that if the card is using DDR memory then 100MHz would in fact be equal to 200MHz with the double pumping. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

when I first bought it I thought it was....but it is not...

Comment

Instead of using Coolbits have you thought to try GeForce Tweak Utility, Riva Tuner or Powerstrip and NV Max to see if you get the same results. :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yes I have... I read an article linked from guru's site that said it is having problems with the new drivers and the MX line of cards. Maybe I will try an older set set of driver to see if it works

Comment

try this as a last resort... Flash the bios with an updated or modded version of your bios. You can find alot at www.guru3d.com

Comment

You can also hardset your overclocked values in the bios before you flash if they are stable enough to run everything.

Comment

Thanks for the reply...but I don't need the extra few marks that bad! I can see it now.... bad flash...or the card wont take the settings.....ut oh then

Comment

Working...
                X