Radeon or nVidia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon or nVidia

Hi all, thinking about getting a new Vid card for my second rig. How does the 9600 pro compare to a FX 5700u?

all I'm saying is that I just went from my old faithfull Ti4200 to a 9600XT (2.5ns) and it KICKS ASS :laugh:

Comment

They perform much the same, with possibly the GF edging ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartibartfast
        all I'm saying is that I just went from my old faithfull Ti4200 to a 9600XT (2.5ns) and it KICKS ASS :laugh:
        my jump was from a 4400ti to a 9800XT

Comment

The FX 5700 ultra is way faster than the 9600 pro, at least with AA/AF turned off. See this test-

We 150 fp/min maximum v value: work Shandong Leader Machinery closely with our Epoxy Fiberglass backing material: ZJN microwave Brand Energy-saving construction rotary drum sand dryer manufacturing partners to bring the best PTFE Lining bearing material: value to customers.

Warning- this is really slow for 56k users. This test is also done with AA/AF disabled, and the results with AA/AF could be quite diffrent. But for raw power, the 5700 ultra is faster than a 9600 pro.

Comment

if you are going to do anything linux get nvidia....they are offering support directly.... i got a 9800xt so i would be compatible with my friends, so we could help each other in times of trouble.
            k6-2 .and . . . AMD 64bit|3.2,1G[2326],9800xt [both died] miss my 500 K's
            recycled from the trash [and in use]
            2 = 945G chipset boards 2G Celeron and dual Pentium
            3 = AM-37 FIK motherboards 2-2.6 G
            in storage 810/815 chipset P3's 800MHZ[4setup and +? not]

Comment

the 5700u is faster with AA/AF off. If you're just looking for FPS, get that. If you like image quality and AA/AF on, then get the 9600XT, as it performs better with them on. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Go with the Radeon. I love mine and its not even in the really good Radeon league *EDITED BY ADMIN*

Comment

I had a ti4400, played bf1942 with no problems, but once i switched to the 9800 i got instability problems when i went back to the main menu then back to the game, i get image distortion. Since nvidia and bf1942 are linked due to the "nvidia, the way it meant to be played" i think nvidia would be more stable with bf.

I would go for 9700 since it is not more more then the cards your looking at. Also i would go with 9600xt if your looking for image quailty in AA and AF. But if you want fps then go with 5700u.
                  CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                  Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                  RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                  GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                  PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                  SC: Audigy 2 zs
                  LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                  Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                  Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

im an ATI guy....down with GF.....but anyway, people have problmes, from either thier last video card leaving traces, or thier mobo......plain and simpe, not all mobos, like gf/ati....

Comment

Originally posted by gar187er
                      im an ATI guy....down with GF.....but anyway, people have problmes, from either thier last video card leaving traces, or thier mobo......plain and simpe, not all mobos, like gf/ati....
                      I understood everything until "not all mobos."
                      :roll: I am a nividia Fan boy but i use whatever is the best.
                      CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                      Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                      RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                      SC: Audigy 2 zs
                      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

not all mobos like g-force or ati.....

yea i accidently threw a comma in there... :oops:

Comment

not all mobos like g-force or ati...
                          it's not the motherboards that don't get along with the video cards, it's just that people swap video cards on a dusty OS install and don't completely clean out the old drivers, which in turn causes problems.

Comment

move ur 5700 from ur 1st sys to ur 2nd sys

now buy something really good! !
                            k6-2 .and . . . AMD 64bit|3.2,1G[2326],9800xt [both died] miss my 500 K's
                            recycled from the trash [and in use]
                            2 = 945G chipset boards 2G Celeron and dual Pentium
                            3 = AM-37 FIK motherboards 2-2.6 G
                            in storage 810/815 chipset P3's 800MHZ[4setup and +? not]

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                              not all mobos like g-force or ati...
                              it's not the motherboards that don't get along with the video cards, it's just that people swap video cards on a dusty OS install and don't completely clean out the old drivers, which in turn causes problems.
                              yup thats the true problem..overlooked things like this
                              - Damien

Comment

Working...
                              X