Web site down load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web site down load?

not sure if it will work with multiple pages, but try to save it as an archive
    File/Save As... (save as type: web archive)

Comment

minibubba -

Didn't work. Thanks.

Update: found some software at C/net will give it a try.

Comment

sorry it didn't work, but if you find a solution that works post back. i'm sure you're not the only one that has wanted to do this from time to time for legit reasons :)

Comment

you have already found the program but anyways, do check this out
          Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
          Last Updated:
          10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
          ======================
          jabber : [email protected]
          =======================
          Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
          yabaa dabaa doo...
          Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Found this program-http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.ht...ack&tg=dl-2001.

Downloaded and installed it Friday night. Download the web site I was needing. It worked quit well. Had to play with the filters to reduce the errors down to 168 out of 128 Meg. Was going to be about 600 errors before. I stopped mid-way and changed the filters and started over. Download was fast for dial-up. Took about 5 hours.

So far the inspection of the site looks good. I'm going to play with it for a couple of weeks and try to find the errors before I modify the filter and do an update.

So far I'm quite satified with the results. Was going to copy it to a CD but I don't think it will fit. May be able to put it on DVD. I don't remember how much data each will hold.

As far as the HTTrack mirroring program goes, it is real user friendly and worked very well.

Comment

glad to see that you have found something that might work

That must be quite a large site if it wont fit on a single CD :shock:

Comment

i'm surprised no one recommended wget. I'm sure there's got to be a windows port wget somewhere.. :idea:

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDD
                  i'm surprised no one recommended wget. I'm sure there's got to be a windows port wget somewhere.. :idea:
                  DigitalDD: wget is great but it won't help this guy to get that website on his CD. he will just be able to mirror it on his HD so that would not fulfill his full requirement.
                  anyways, wget windows binaries are here (just a note, i have stopped using any other d/l manager after i used wget)
                  Precompiled development (and stable) wget binaries for windows (win32) platforms
                  Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                  Last Updated:
                  10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                  ======================
                  jabber : [email protected]
                  =======================
                  Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                  yabaa dabaa doo...
                  Customized for 1024x768

Comment

You could also try the 'SpiderZilla' plugin/extention for Mozilla/Firefox
                    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Working...
                    X