Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS spyware installed links into my IE

:evil: :evil:

Hi guys, a friend of mine installed bit torrent last week, without telling me, anyway the version he got was fully of adware and spyware. I used adaware to get rid of most of it .. but the most annoying thing is that some of this stuff has changed my settings into IE.

For example
    1. The default page is always reset to the spyware website
    2. I have 2 new menus appear on the IE toolbar

I have no idea how to get rid of these things ... can someone help please ??

Thanks in advance

in addition to adaware, i'd also highly suggest you download and install Spyware Search&Destroy

Comment

This thread, http://forums.tweaktown.com/viewtopic.php?t=16535, may also be of help if neither of those help ya.

Comment

:)

Guys thanks for the suggestions so far .. especially for Sybot .. its a great program ..

How do I go about changing the default start up page for IE ? going through the options menu and changing it is fine once the machine is booted .. but upon reboot it goes back to some other spyware site ?? is there a config file somewhere that has all these settings for IE ?

Comment

The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
            http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/hijacked/
            Thanks Mr C .. great link .. I was able to get spyguard and it fixed the problem ..

Cheers

8)

Comment

Now that things are working as they should I would suggest using the immunize features available in Spybot Search & Destroy.
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
              X