Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought CPU's on a yardsale for 5 bucks what do i do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought CPU's on a yardsale for 5 bucks what do i do ?

ok do i take out the mermories and put thme on my pc or what / there more stuff but i dont know what to do wiht it?

Put the screwdriver down and back away slowly!!! Seriously! If you haven't done the research don't start randomly swapping parts into your funtioning machine untill you find out if they are compatible. You will have to find out exactly what your machine has/is capable of using vs what the thing you bought has in it and hopefully whatever parts you are trying to mix and match are not parts that killed the previous machine.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Well, can we have some details on these cpu's?

Comment

Yes, please!
        Any information you can provide as to brand, speed, memory type - and motherboards would be a good start.

Additionally, where is this yard sale and how long will it be going?
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Does anyone else ever wonder what happens to the people who ask a question like the one at the top of this thread and then dissappear for a long period of time? ...did he manage to get the edo simms into his sdram slots?
          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

with this particular thread, I'm not getting any vibes at all

maybe, he too lost interest
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

somewhere there is a man screaming WHY ME!!!!!!!

Comment

And by the way if its a dell check for propriotory power supply (can see the flames now) :oops:

Comment

in a situation like this there is only one thing you can really do. that is, do what they did in the movie office space. take it out to a field and beat the **** out of it with a bat. problem solved.
                  amd 4200 x2
                  2gb ocz gold pc4000
                  dfi utlpl nf4 sli-d
                  antec sp500
                  bfg7800gtx
                  zalman cpu cooler

Comment

If a PC is sold for five bucks, I wouldn't expect much out of it. I'm thinking you could have a nice CPU keychain at the very least.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far. Some old CPUs that are virtually worthless now could be used to run a small web server or file server. You could spend less than $100 US for all the other stuff and the CPU would have use.

Comment

Working...
                      X