Sad Day for the TT SETI@home Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Day for the TT SETI@home Team

First CheeZmonZter leaves the No. 2 spot on the Team and now Wiggo has vacated the No. 1 spot and formed Team Wiggo. Who's next and who will follow? Only time will tell. :?
    :-(

I'm more concerned with the future of TweakTown itself. If Wiggo left our Seti@Home Team, I imagine he has left TweakTown entirely. I have already become inactive in Seti@Home because of BOINC, so I think the team will be in a slump untilBOINC leaves beta testing, anyway (not from me alone, of course). If too many TweakTown regulars leave TweakTown, you can forget about the team entirely. If minibubba and some others leave, there goes Folding@Home as well.

Comment

Well, there's certainly no shortage of computer hardware sites, and most of them have their own Folding and Seti teams, and forums that work...

Comment

I always wanted to be #1, bun not in this way.
        I feel that both Cheez and Wiggo both contributed to the number of WU's I have and the rate of the progress that I made. Hence my future in TT is yet to be decided. :2cents:

Comment

This is a case in which I'm returning to the normal SETI@home team in an effort to try and get us back to 100k.

Comment

This is a case in which I'm returning to the normal SETI@home team in an effort to try and get us back to 100k.
            Desperate times require desperate measures. I've been thinking that we could possibly re-live achieving that milestone. That is if we don’t get any others jumping ship. :)

Comment

Originally posted by elrado1
              Desperate times require desperate measures. I've been thinking that we could possibly re-live achieving that milestone. That is if we don’t get any others jumping ship. :)
              ive been cranking them out today. we'll see how things go :)
              [space saving sig]
              AMD 0wn3z j00!
              [/space saving sig]

Comment

where did wiggo go!?!? im gone for like 4 days and all this goes down!?!?

Comment

Look here: http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/s...am_182746.html

and here: http://www.beefysworld.com/

In case you do not know already.
                  Last edited by elrado1; 08-19-2004, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Wow, less than 61,000 now and that Team Wiggo is close to 100,000 so someone really must of thrown a spanner in the works.
                    Last edited by wayout44; 06-27-2004, 12:25 AM.

Comment

If you think that's bad, just check out the Folding@Home team. Not only did the entire team get up and move, but they took the team number with them too. :laugh:

Comment

That's what Tweak got for changing forum software without telling anybody the first time. We didn't just take both teams with us, we took most of the forums with us. I'm one of very few that still post here.

Comment

just because the software changed? that seems awfully petty.
                          In fact, from the threads I've read, it seems the change in software, in reality, had little to do with the mass exodus of so many people. Are you just trying to make them sound shallow on purpose?

Comment

You are correct 01001101 ... there was much more to the mass exodus than simply a change in the software here. For myself the time to leave came when the forum owner stated that if the forum members were not happy with what he was doing then they could go ... no discussion. The total lack of respect for his unpaid moderators (in that they were kept in the dark reguarding all changes and the fact that he did not even have the decency to respond to their e-mail queries in a timely and respectful fashion) also had a lot to do with the situation. Don't get me wrong ... this is his site and he can do with it as he likes ... but some respect was prolly owed to the loyal forum members. A few of us do return from time to time .... mostly just to see if the place is still alive.
                            Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

And it is... still alive.. Kinda.. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X