PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day for the TT [email protected] Team

elrado1
03-25-2004, 08:40 AM
First CheeZmonZter leaves the No. 2 spot on the Team and now Wiggo has vacated the No. 1 spot and formed Team Wiggo (http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_182746.html). Who's next and who will follow? Only time will tell. :?

Yawgm0th
03-25-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm more concerned with the future of TweakTown itself. If Wiggo left our [email protected] Team, I imagine he has left TweakTown entirely. I have already become inactive in [email protected] because of BOINC, so I think the team will be in a slump untilBOINC leaves beta testing, anyway (not from me alone, of course). If too many TweakTown regulars leave TweakTown, you can forget about the team entirely. If minibubba and some others leave, there goes [email protected] as well.

zeradul
03-25-2004, 09:00 AM
Well, there's certainly no shortage of computer hardware sites, and most of them have their own Folding and Seti teams, and forums that work...

kane2g
03-25-2004, 09:41 PM
I always wanted to be #1, bun not in this way.
I feel that both Cheez and Wiggo both contributed to the number of WU's I have and the rate of the progress that I made. Hence my future in TT is yet to be decided. :2cents:

amd_man2005
03-25-2004, 09:48 PM
This is a case in which I'm returning to the normal [email protected] team in an effort to try and get us back to 100k.

elrado1
03-26-2004, 12:45 AM
This is a case in which I'm returning to the normal [email protected] team in an effort to try and get us back to 100k. Desperate times require desperate measures. I've been thinking that we could possibly re-live achieving that milestone. That is if we donít get any others jumping ship. :)

The Wizard
03-26-2004, 12:55 AM
This is a case in which I'm returning to the normal [email protected] team in an effort to try and get us back to 100k. Desperate times require desperate measures. I've been thinking that we could possibly re-live achieving that milestone. That is if we donít get any others jumping ship. :)

ive been cranking them out today. we'll see how things go :)

gar187er
03-26-2004, 01:21 AM
where did wiggo go!?!? im gone for like 4 days and all this goes down!?!?

elrado1
04-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Look here: http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_182746.html

and here: http://www.beefysworld.com/

In case you do not know already.

wayout44
06-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Wow, less than 61,000 now and that Team Wiggo is close to 100,000 so someone really must of thrown a spanner in the works.

06-27-2004, 02:57 PM
If you think that's bad, just check out the [email protected] team. Not only did the entire team get up and move, but they took the team number with them too. :laugh:

Yawgm0th
06-27-2004, 04:34 PM
That's what Tweak got for changing forum software without telling anybody the first time. We didn't just take both teams with us, we took most of the forums with us. I'm one of very few that still post here.

06-28-2004, 12:43 AM
just because the software changed? that seems awfully petty.
In fact, from the threads I've read, it seems the change in software, in reality, had little to do with the mass exodus of so many people. Are you just trying to make them sound shallow on purpose?

PrairieDawg
06-28-2004, 05:10 AM
You are correct 01001101 ... there was much more to the mass exodus than simply a change in the software here. For myself the time to leave came when the forum owner stated that if the forum members were not happy with what he was doing then they could go ... no discussion. The total lack of respect for his unpaid moderators (in that they were kept in the dark reguarding all changes and the fact that he did not even have the decency to respond to their e-mail queries in a timely and respectful fashion) also had a lot to do with the situation. Don't get me wrong ... this is his site and he can do with it as he likes ... but some respect was prolly owed to the loyal forum members. A few of us do return from time to time .... mostly just to see if the place is still alive.

smacktard
06-28-2004, 08:13 AM
And it is... still alive.. Kinda.. ;)

joedemagio
08-06-2004, 02:30 PM
:ar15firin :sniper:

:grenade: :grenade:

Barely..........

Mutineer
08-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Some disgruntled members I see.

CudofCow
08-12-2004, 11:51 PM
I can deffinately say that im disgruntled... Im no postal worker or anything but im disgruntled. Not because of this site or anything, or the forums... Although there used to be a lot more people showing up and posting stuff...(my email was always full of responses), but im deffinately pissed off, but not because i dont get email. I just like being pissed off all the time.

you suck.

ha ha ha.

No seriously, you suck.

Just kidding.

No im not.

Hey, speaking of sucking...how do you add the smilies? They dont seem to be included in the reply section... That sorta bites, i liked adding smilies to my posts. Too many things have changed with this site. The tweaktown site in general has too many ads, the functionality of these forums has gone down the tubes..although theres a few things i like, but more things that i miss.