Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I a new laptop P.C. owner... with some questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I a new laptop P.C. owner... with some questions.

I've put together alot of P.C.'s before but have never owned a laptop until now (HP Pavilion ze5607).

Anyway, I'm wondering if adding new Ram is just a matter of taking the screws out of the bottom of the laptop and removing the panel then sticking another Ram module in, or is there more to it than that?

Is the harddrive the same as size as a desktops harddrive, are they compatable? I'm guessing its a totally different setup, right? If so, where can I buy a big laptop drive.

That link should be very informative to finding out what your RAM specifications are.

Yessir you are correct, a laptop hardrive is for the most part different than a typical desktop HDD. There are exceptions, but yours is typical - smaller overall size being the most noticable.

As to a good place to get one, I'm open to suggestions?
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

define big laptop drive!!!

biggest ive seen as of late is 60gigs......depending on usage, might be easier to get a usb external for at home.....

biggest pricewatch has for HP is 40 gigs.....and thats $95.00us from www.hoct.com

Comment

Originally posted by gar187er
        define big laptop drive!!!

biggest ive seen as of late is 60gigswww.hoct.com

I was afraid of that :( . I also doubt there is room for a spare, Right?. Maybe the external drive might be an ok option like you suggested but it would have been nice to get an internal 120 gb or more for it.

Comment

they dont make them that big, as most HDD have many platter in them, yet the laptop ones have 2, maybe 3 at max.....

some dells have a hot swap bay, where you can put another HDD, or rom drive......but otherwise, your SOL..... :(

Comment

Hitachi makes a 80GB hd. I have an external 80GB HD for my laptop. Its also a HP, but wish I would had waited for the AMD Toshiba to come into stock at the store.

Comment

Working...
            X